Epic Proportions Season 10v: new recipes & ender quarry first run

10/1/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10v

It took a few warpbook trips back to my enchanting lounge to get the enchanted books to get the magical wood, but I was then able to setup all recipes on the project table for EIO, DECM, ender core, ETP and finally the Ender Quarry.  The main reason was -- aside from having a late-gate crafting project -- to see the full range of ores that can be pulled out of an area.  There are still a few youtuber ores I have never seen.  It seems unlikely that they only spawn in certain biomes, maybe they are just super rare.  Only one way to find out.

After dinner ...

I setup my ender quarry near my Plains Base.  I wanted to convert some of that stone ground to dirt anyway.  It's a little 6x6 area, and the quarry is powered by 3 furnace generators running coal.  It does work.  A stack of coal gets 6 columns mined, about 6 stacks of goods.  The base is at y=78.

I added a few new recipes, so the spooky essence finally has a purpose.  And I think more of tha AoA dimension blocks should be craftable by converting Overworld items.  So:

AB/BA (spooky, oak log) = haunted log
AB/BA (spooky, brick blocks) = haunted bricks
spooky + spooky + haunted log + X:
    X = glowstone dust = haunted flashing face
    X = ender pearl = haunted large eye
    X = nether wart = purpling haunted wood
    X = spider eye = haunted red eyes

This should be fun with Halloween coming in the real world, too.

Quarry is done:
34x64+26 cobble, 3 gravel, 64 rs, 1 flint, 18 nik, 2 phosphorite, 17 potash, 7 apatite, 4 topaz, 14 bitumen, 53 halloween, 26 spooky, 1 loot bag, 2 heart stones, 15 ancient rock (!), ores: 4 Au, 10+3 Ag, 4 Pb, 8+22 Cu. 6+14 Sn, 1 beautiful ore, 1 certus quartz, 2 Mn, 1 yellorite, 2 Zn, 8 SuperGirlyGamer, 8 furious, 9 runium, 2 sapphire, 4 Al.

All that from a 6x6 chunk of land.  The ancient rock was the most interesting.  I was able to dig down around the dirt columns and find an ancient shrine cave buried way down deep.  I could have tunnelled for days and missed it.

Oh, wait.  I was looking at the MFR config files, looking for why the spawner appears to be creating only one mob per bucket, and I saw that there is a cheaper recipe for the Deep Storage Unit that can be enabled here:
B:CheaperDSU=true
Haha, that turned back on recipe using chests, but EnderIO nerfed it to use vacuum chests anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts