VeeTech 1.5.2 & my oldest worlds

 8/6/2020 VeeTech 1.5.2

This is still one of my favorite worlds.  Loads quickly, uses under 2 gigs of RAM, never crashes or hangs.

I took a dimensional door out to the new Mesa village and did some exploring.  I found some wild cliff caves which could maybe be a settlement someday.  Then I figrued I should clear the battle tower just across the pond.  It all went well until I woke up the golem.  I didn't even hit him, he was just looking at me when I poked by head up from the stairwell.  He followed me down through the floors as I frantically broke all the chests and let the loot magnet toward me.  Outside, he blew out a crater at the dge of the water and the flow kept him pinned down, but my weak Power I iron bow just couldn't get him below 40 hp when he kept leaping and healing 15 hp every few seconds.  I finally went toward him with my sword, but got killed right away.  Boom.  

So I warped back to the armory and grabbed some new armor, a new legia bow, a quiver with 200 arrows.  Back through the door, across the mesa, down the cliff to the pond.  As long as he was stuck in that hole with my stuff, and kept exploding, my stuff got pretty well wiped out.  Even with magnet mode, I lost my big backpack of build materials, my small backpack of tech stuff, all but one piece of armor.  Anyway, it was an epic battle of arrows and fireballs, trees catching fire as I leapt from top to top looking for places to heal up.

In the end, I got him.  We all hate losing our stuff, but I took the dim door back to the Cathedral, got a new big backpack, some stacks of build materials, and rounded out my gear with the best item of each chest full: axe, pickaxe, shovel, hoe.  Did some Artifice non-enchants to get a good set of material.

I warped over to Redwood Base, updated bees, looked for new saplings, harvested the spider soul seeds and other farms around town.  Then I dug down from the basement of the Wizard Keep and came laddering up just beyond the wheat farm, a new little building called Jimmer's Mine.  Back down one of the other mines, cleaning up my rest points every 10y of depth, I hit an abandoned mine way down there, and connected those endless caves to a few other ways up.  Fun adventure.

##

8/7/2020 Old Worlds

Well, this was a fun idea.  I found backups of my old old 1.0 and 1.1 worlds, some dating all the way back to the Minecraft Beta 1.8.  I created a new 1.5.2 game instance with all those folders lined up and was able to get back in there and look around.

The Miranda world was fun to see again.  That was the one that I had on a server way back around 2010.  Doug, Chris, Justin and Jim all spent some time here, building various odd structures.  Jim built the Parthenon and some nice farm houses, Justin built the big Stadium, Doug built the mob grinder and cobble generator over in Freehold, I built the undersea town of Aqua Vitae, quite a fun area.

I toured the world with Anne on Saturday, and it got pretty surreal.  We just wanted to get a pig into a pen, so I looked around for carrots.  One of the most common things in the world, right?  No.  First few chests, no carrots, then we went on a world tour, riding all the rails from town to town, and no carrots in the whole world.  But guess what: carrots were added in 1.4.2 and these worlds go way back to Beta 1.8.  Wow, older than carrots.  Too funny.

##

Comments

Popular Posts