Overgrown 1.12.2: huge variety in this world

8/10/2020 Overgrown 1.12.2

I was able to salvage my Overgrown modpack by rolling back the region files to my 7/31 backup and removing some pieces.  Removed: Alchemistry, Doggy Talents, Pickle Tweaks, Pi Tweaks, Exotic Birds, Waila Harvestability.  I managed to keep Rockhounding Surface, Animania, Aquaculture, BrewCraft and Calculator.  I'm still a bit floored that Forge has a limit of 4096 items.

Anyway, for lunch I was able to use my squid pet to zoom around the ocean floor and explore a few coastlines.  I sacked a dark oak ship and got some good weapons.  Always more than I can carry, even with a sulker box, diamond backpack and 3 healer's pouches.  SO I leave a lot of things behind.  I discovered a new kind of dungeon I had never seen before: patches of mossy cobble in the ocean floor which lead down to a stone & mossy cobble cavern with one chest full of mostly Patchwork mod stuff and some other odd items.  I ended up back at my first home Prefab base.

I ended up with a Norman axe (bane of witches III, sharpness IV, 15 attack damage), a book of Protection IV that I put on my Viking helmet, and a reforged fancyiirite sword called "Bad Bones, Bad Bones" (Quality: Graceful, +15% attack speed, 11.9 damage), one other reforged item and other fancy weapons.

Tonight was a fun session.  At my Prefab home on top of that drastic cliff island, I visited the dungeon next door and dug out some excess brick blocks from behind the main walls.  Tried clearing a bit more of the bottom Nether floor, but it's so dark and chaotic down there, and I couldn't find some of the spawners.

From there, I ran across the island over to the old ruined farmhouse, fixed it up with those brick blocks I happened to be carrying, then I crafted a Villager houses item from Prefab and added two tiny houses on top of two tiny islets above my first home.  Tamed a wolf up there, connected a few more islets together, extended walls and fences, then warped to my fossils base and dug a tunne down from way up there (about 108y) to bedrock level, mostly ladders all the way down.  Endless resources.  Found some quartz ore from Quark way down near bedrock, did not know that was a thing.  I think Quark did an update since some of the textures look different , too.  Anyway, my world is back.  Woo hoo..

##

8/11/2020 Overgrown 1.12.2

Tonight I just want to do some exploring.  I left Falko warp (a lone building plus a small house of mine and some animal pens), wandered north up the coast to a brick Roguelike dungeon house, cleared the first level and setup some chests and a new /warp dng2734.

From there, north along the coast and inland to a half-snowy field with another ruined brick town.  New /warp brick2.  I did some fishing, hoping to recharge my squid pet.  Yes, you can convert some of the mod fish back into vanilla raw fish.  But I also got fish from DungeonTactics: lung fish (water breathing) and some other fish (night vision).  I also fished up an enchanted book (Infinity!), and an enchanted bow, and the new ruins had an anvil sitting there, so my main bow is now the Yew Longbow (Power II, Unbreaking III, flame, infinity, withering).  Odd world.  The new brick ruin has a skeleton spawner, chest, crafting table and bed in one basement, so that's the new warp.  In the chest: Patchwork stuff: 4 repair paste, coins (3 bronze, 2 silver, 2 gold).  Odd.  I wonder if this whole thing was generated by Patchwork, like the one-chest dungeons on the seafloor.

I spent the night mining cobble, and made two stacks of cobblestone walls.  I did a quick perimeter around the settlement and found a second spawner, this time spiders, with a chest buried under some dirt and cobwebs. 8 repair paste, a fanciirite sword (fancy purple eyeball confuser, 11.2 damage, 1280 durability), 2 wormy eggs, an EnderIO capacitor, heart jar, flight core, 2 wooden gears, and a rare epic mega loot case (axe, "The Picker", 21.25 mining speed, 609 durability, 5 upgrades left).

What a lovely spot.  Open field full of flowers, little specks of fireflies at night, snowy mountains in the distance, and plenty of livestock wandering around.  Nearby fields have about 30 horses and Animania livestock, and endless Plants mod plants.  As it was getting dark I found a stone brick mini-tower over a Roguelike dungeon -- cleared the first floor, and found an auto-smelter room and a bedroom with the "statistics" book: this one had over 53,000 blocks and 87 chests to find.

I did a night run to Bailey Village.  Accepted a minor quest at the Inuit village, something about bringing a boy some bones to play with.  Then took a Bailey's quest for 15 gold ingots, went down the mine and dug deep, finding an abandoned mine, chasms, all kind of crazy down there.  Got my ingots and called it a night.

##

8/12/2020 Overgrown 1.12.2

I do enjoy moving to new places and starting new settlements.  Different biomes, different resources.  I always say that this settlement with be using just these 3 or 4 mods, but there is really no way to have an area that has only materials from some small set of mods.  I can start off wanting to do just Inspirations or Plants or Patchwork mod stuff, but after even a half hour I have a half chest full of odd bits from other mods.  I suppose that is more a matter of discipline than worldgen.  I should take those chests of misfit toys back to a central base from time to time, or take bags of stuff on the road and trade them to the villages that need those items.

When did the Quark mod become this huge game-changing mod?  I just saw that there are 8 or 10 tabs full of config options, some of them 2 or 3 pages of things to toggle on or off, and some of those have even more detailed config choices.  I remember when it was mostly just limestone and some slabs and the differen wood chests, with glass shards.  But it was Quark that gave the vanilla animals all those variant skins.  Now, Quark adds the mob variants at the deepest cave levels, and some of the cave biomes, and wood-specific bookshelves and ladders, and about 50 new blocks, and food values added to tooltips (so we don't need AppleCore), painted planks, some new automation gadgets (pipes and hopper-like things), cave crystals, colored item frames, paper walls, new potions, ancient tomes with new enchants, even an option for a bizarre Tetris-like way of doing enchants on the enchanting table.

##

Comments

Popular Posts