Overgrown 1.12.2: new recipes & Millenaire is out

8/13/2020 Overgrown 1.12.2

More interesting things to do...

Smart Hoppers mod:
bottle of xp + melon slice = slice o enchanting (8,000 xp)
... x6 = big slice o enchanting (48,000 xp)
... x6 + sugar + bottle = big gulp of enchanting (384,000 xp)
also:
slice of enchanting = 8 bit o xp (1K)
... x8 = bit o xp (8K)
... x8 = bit o xp (64K)


Warp Book mod:
8 ender pearls around RS = warp cluster
brew warp cluster + awkward potion = unbound warp potion
... + paper = unbound warp page
This is a lot more complex than I remembered.  Wasn't it just paper and an enderl pearl in earlier versions.  Np, I like it.  An actual reason to setup some brewing stands.

Inspirations mod:
4 sticks (+ dye) = mulch block
bookshelves: regular, ancient, tomes, rainbow: all have wood slabs across top & bottom, middle row different
rope, chain, vine rope
paths: cobble, round, path tiles, bricks path
XX-/-X-/-X- = crook, various types, increase sapling drops from leaves
north compass, barometer, photometer
dye bottles
cauldron brewing & dyeing

Bibilocraft mod:
framed furniture
fancy lamps & lanterns (I never make these for some reason)
painting frames & painting press
dinner plates, sword pedestals, armor stands
typewriters, printing presses

Chisel: new blocks:
antiblock = AAA/ABA/AAA (stone, glowstone dust)
bookshelves galore
brownstone = -A-/ABA/-A- (red sandstone, clay)
charcoal blocks
cloud = -A-/A-A/-A- (wool) = 16
factory block = ABA/B-B/ABA (iron, stone) = 32
lavastone = AAA/ABA/AAA (stone, lava) = 8
paper wall = AAA/ABA/AAA (paper, stick) = 32
temple block = AAA/ABA/AAA (paper, cyan dye) = 8
tyrian = AAA/ABA/AAA (paper, iron) = 32
valentine's block = AAA/ABA/AAA (stone, pink dye) = 4
voidstone = -A-/ABA/-A- (purpur block, pearl) = 48, or -A-/BBB/-A- (eyee, obsidian) = 16
waterstone = AAA/ABA/AAA (stone, water) = 8


##

8/17/2020 Overgrown 1.12.2

I took a few trips to Minecraft worlds this weekend.  

Anne came with me to the old Miranda world to help clean up the land around the sandstone copy of my old house on Edith Driver.  Trouble is, I dug that maze from my old D&D map under that whole area, so we kept ducking inside due to rain and nightfall, only to hear zombies banging doors below the house.  Real relaxing.

I took two short trips to the Aspiria server on vanilla 1.16.1.  The new Nether is fun to explore.  Trading with the piglins is pretty comical -- I got boots of soul strider II and a book for the sam enchant, a few crying obsidian and fire charges.  Odd stuff.  Then the group attacked me for some reason, and I had the OP bow, so that was the end of trading.

I filled my shulker box with various blocks and headed home.

Back on Overgrown, I have been expanding the Bailey Village with some Prefab cillager houses.  Fenced off large new areas and added some pig pens out on the red sandstone, where small areas had dirt and trees: 3 pens and a Prefab long house, next to an isolated Inuit building I had never seen before.

I may have to admit that there are actually TOO MANY things in this modpack.  I did hit the 4096-item limit of Forge and had to back down a few extra mods.  It seems impossible to focus on any one mod without filling a chest with things from other mods along the way.  

On friday night I went down into the dungeon nearby and tore through a few more hallways.  That's always a fun adventure break.

So, I took another trip into the dungeon, technically just to grab the brewing stand I saw in one of the rooms, to make essence of flight from the Patchwork mod.  Just moving inventory, I got a blue screen crash ...

... followed by a Windows update ...

... followed by a Millenaire error trying to load building data, and Out of Memory errors.  So, I think it's time to disable Millenaire.  As fun and ambitious as it is, it does not recover from crashes well.  Something in one of its files is messed up, so now I can't visit my main town of Brixton OR my new builds at Bailey Village.

Removing Millenaire will leave a ton of weird fragments of ruins around my world, where those bustling towns used to be, but I think it is just trying to do too much.  I have a final backup of my world with Millenaire in it, and will leave it in the pack but disabled, in case other players want to give it a spin.  But it's time to move on.

Nope.  In fact, removing Millenaire causes hundreds of errors of lighting trying to update on blocks that were removed.  NullPointerExceptions, etc.  So that world is totally trashed.  Back to the backups.

I forked over a new Overgrown-1-1 folder with Millenaire out and Alchemistry in.  Started a new world.  Probably no part of the old world will carry over.

Comments

Popular Posts