CrazyCraft2 moved from ViodLauncher to Twitch

8/21/2020 CrazyCraft2

... which reminds me ... I have gotten better with Twitch tools and modpacks in general.  For some reason the old VoidLauncher stopped carrying their own CrazyCraft2 pack, so that whole world was lost.  But just now I created a new profile called "CrazyCraft2" in Twitch, picked MC 1.6.4 so it created the proper launcher settings, then dragged all the folders over from the old .crazycraft folder, and it actually loaded.  And there was my world again, duct tape, portal to Erebus and all.

Woo hoo.  More wild worlds to visit.

Well, almost everything loaded.  It looks like More Foods and OpenBlocks got unloaded, and the Jabba barrels are all invisible x-ray blocks.

Over at Anne's place, the internet was down, so I tried playing a few worlds in offline mode.  VeeTech 1.10.2 ran briefly, and I played with the automatic fisher, but then it crashed.  FTB Ultimate would not load due to being unable to download something.  CrazyCraft was fun for a bit, but crashed.

Then, back on VeeTech 1.5.2, the mob spawning started happening again, after a few years of no mobs spawning at all.  That was wild.  I had a brood of mother spider and babies chase me all across Redwood Base.  And when I went mining, there were support creepers helping little slimes.  On the surface, it was wild crazy fun again, so I did some safety checks in a few villages with F7 on.  However, I suspect this was only happening because Project Zulu could not access something online.


##

8/24/2020 CrazyCraft2

I went back to a previous copy of my CrazyCraft folder, and all mods appear to be working okay now.  I had fun using that somewhat faulty version to give my girlfriend a tour of the world.  She couldn't believe some of the things that turned up ... and that is CrazyCraft in a nutshell.  I showed some of the huge array of structures in the world, then licked some ants for a quick tour of the dinosaur dimension and the danger dimension, where I deliberately triggered some spawners to show some of the huge mobs in the world.  Back on the Overworld, we watched the carnage in the oceans for a while, creatures fighting creatures ... and I lured some eager sea vipers right into globs of attack squids ... and eventually a kraken showed up and put up a heck of a fight.

On Sunday night, I spent some time just fixing up my desert villages and exploring.  I went at least an hour with no serious mobs appearing.  It almost felt like a reasonable world.

So, Crazycraft, once you get ahead of the curve and have near god-level gear, can be handled as a world you can build in.  Peacefully add buildings, fix up ruins, and when I got stir crazy I went to the rainbow ant dimension and had a total panic of fun trying to save this one village from the robot horde.  OMG,  that was hilarious at times.  One time, a pretty modest blast broke two windows on the side of my villager market house, and maybe 30 seconds later a bomb-omb rolled up, hopped through the broken window, and blew up two of my villagers on the inside.  Tons of infernal mobs.  Robots of all sizes to blast away at.  Even a robo-gunner riding a zombie!  I had to get a screenshot of that fluke of nature.  So much fun, but yeah, even with my power V infinity ultimate bow, I could just barely fight off one night of raiders.  Normally, I detest tower defense style games.  But this still has the sandbox element.  I brought back a stack of obsidian and started building a two-high wall around that poor village, but it looks like I will need two more stacks.  And I bet the bombs will just erode around the edges and mobs will get in anyway.  The villagers really have nothing useful to trade, and are a totally lost cause, but what a blast trying.

Back at my main base, I once again have 6 bags full of loot, and I am overflowing my chests.  Too many items to sort sensibly.  And, for some reason, my duplicator trees disappeared -- ok, I was abusing them pretty badly and was thinking of taking them down for a while anyway.  Yeah, termites.  Now my experience tree is gone.

Oh, it was just my outdoor duplicator trees, possibly due to termites?  But I disabled the termites, beavers and chicken chests (talk about an OP hack).

I went over to the peaceful dimension and started following the craters and ice blocks to where I last fought the King.  And bloody hell, he appeared right in front of me, biggest scare in months ... AND he is now an infernal: ghastly poisonous exhaust gravity bulwark sprint regen berserk: "Ultra fireballsy The King of Venom".  Haha.  58,600 hp?  I really just need this thing out of my world so I can relax for a bit.  The whole world is unusable with him cruising around like that.


Comments

Popular Posts