CrazyCraft2: AoA vs OreSpawn?

8/25/2020 CrazyCraft2

It was a fairly peaceful night.  I setup some more sorting barrels in basement level 1 of my main dungeon tower base, this time for the most common food items.  Oddly, OreSpawn is not listed as a mod that those chests can sort by, and that's the one I seriously need a diamond chest for all it's odds and ends.  

I built a two-story building next door with diamond sorting chests for metals and gems only, since my one chest upstairs is overflowing.  As an odd design choice, I went with columns of sorting connectors running up the outside walls, but they looked good with the stone brick, quartz and iron blocks, AND it turned out to be a genius design since I can add chests to the sorting network at any point by putting new chests up against those columns, and it would even extend to new floors if I continued the pattern.  

I visited the danger dimension the night before, and for some reason, everywhere I flew, stacks of gold blocks and titanium and uranium ingots flew up to me.  Maybe the stinky baby dragons were wrecking the natives, but the quantity was way beyond what made sense, about two full bags of holding full.

I went on a few bee hunts during the day, because why not have more of that stuff, too.  I took a Nether trip, where it's rather fun watching the stinkies take on all the locals.  However, there were a lot of super-infernal pigmen with 700-1000 hp, and some the stinkies were just not smart enough to leave those guys alone, so I helped out a few.

Once you have the top-level gear, most of the challenge is gone from the game.  On the other hand, it does fit the role of the Overseer of the Land very well.  I could still technically put on gear that's just strong enough for the local area and have more of a sense of danger.  

Over in the red ant dimension, I found a structure with nightmare spawners that no amount of sitting back and firing the ultimate bow will be able to clear out.  I do at some point need to go inside and break those spawners.  So, there are still some danger moments.  I later found a tower of coal and gold ore that ran about 20 blocks deep and had 4 bee spawners down the center.  If I was not flying (I was probably a cloud shark at the time) that would have been a serious fight.  There were chests down all 4 walls, which ended up dropping about 8 full sets of tourmaline armor and a bunch of fairy sword ... but +8 damage is nothing when my guardian sword does +250 on the rare occasions that I need to use it.

I also took a trip to the Deep Dark, and slapped down an instant house and an instant farm, and two stacks of walls.

OreSpawn is seriously overpowered, from uber-gear to the duplicator trees.  But ultimately, you can settle down and start building things and tinkering with the smaller mods in the pack.  I actually like Advent of Ascension better, as far as adventure mods go, because:

AoA Pros:
- AoA has more dimensions, each with enough of a different feel, from vibrant colors to soul-sucking blackness
- more blocks to find and build with
- a better variety of mobs with a good range of abilities
- all the stats and RPG elements, extra drops and boosts and bonus for leveling up the skills
- odd charms and essences
- all kinds of mob drops
- special events which change the feel of the world for a day or night = brilliant and fun
- tablets to spawn mobs that help you survive
- the banners are gorgeous, they feel like real prizes and really spice up a build

AoA Cons:
- hunter mobs you can't even affect until your levels are high enough are a poor choice
- the dimensions do get repetitive since they have all the same basic elements (lotto guy, trader, altar, 4 or 5 hostile mobs, one or two passive mobs) but some of the structures have wonderful designs.
- some dimensions are too dark to see anything, sure, it's a design decision, but give us a special vision potion for each dark dimension or something
- clowns (just kidding) (no, really ... clowns)
- I don't really care about the guns or ammo, but every now and then I fool around with one

Pros of OreSpawn:

- the dimensions are solid, not as visually interesting as AoA, but each has more to do
- you can choose to go to the village dimension to fight off robot hordes or mobzilla when you get bored
- you can choose to go to the danger dimension to take on the top-tier mobs
- good range of mobs (obviously) and bosses (the kraken is my favorite)
- good comical elements: girlfriends, boyfriends, attack squid sound f/x, stinky dragons, squidzooka, OMG tree
- some unexpected cool things like the experience trees at night
- tons of gear, up to epic levels of power
- I like having the Queen and King to keep me humble even at near god-level, though my world has a 7x infernal king that I doubt can be destroyed by any means

Things in OreSpawn I don't ever use:
- the Prince and Princess.  I tried, but they are such a pain when they get bigger.

Comments

Popular Posts