Epic Proportions Season 10: my take on it

8/20/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

While setting up a new Overgrown folder on the Twitch (amazingly, I just create the new folder inside of /Instances and the Twitch app detects it and makes a new project) I saw one I had forgotten about: PopularMMOs Epic Proportions Season 10.

Note: I tinkered with the mods, of course, so this is not the exact modpack they were using.  Somewhere in my previous text files, I have the full mod list, but those have not been put on this blog left and are in historical Limbo.

Wow, for all-out danger and battles and survival, I would rank this one right up there with CrazyCraft.  How did I forget that Advent of Ascension was a thing?  All those gorgeous and weird and alien dimensions, and the endless mobs lurking everywhere, and the crazy Blood Moon and Big Day events ... in a game that is already epic, this mod is Epic.  

Then there are all the goofy add-ons for Pat & Jen and the ores and heads for a heap of youtubers.  That's just fun, having some weird NPC of Sundee show up out of nowhere and attack, but also being able to find the heads in chests and drops, and being able to craft custom tools and armor and even a hammer with the rare ores for each guy.  I still don't know what Jen's lips are for.

I seem to recall that what bugged me about the pack was that, while exploring AoA dimensions, a chunk would load with some NPC in it that crashed the game, and I would have to go to NBTExplorer to remove the entity.

Then there are the Roguelike Dungeons, for when I want an adventure with more recognizable loot and familiar creatures.  Though one time I came back up to my brick house base after a haul and there was a deathlike figure standing in my living room that scared the crap out of me.  Thanks, AoA.

Comments

Popular Posts