AspiriaMC New Nether & VeeTech DartCraft fun

 7/8/2020 AspiriaMC

I haven't been on this server much lately, but hey, they upgraded to 1.16.1 already.  Wow.  I immediately checked personal warps for a Nether portal and found myself in a basalt badlands.  No mobs seen, but the terrain itself is dangerous enough -- all kinds of pinnacles and drops and hidden lava blocks almost anywhere I tryied to dig.  But I got a stack of basalt and a stack of blackstone.

Found another portal and wound up in a crimson forest.  Lots of cool new blocks, and piglins and hoglins to experiment with.  I quickly found enough gold ore to make gold boots, so the piglins would be my friends.  Threw down a few gold ingots and got leather and fire charges in return.  Really cute how the piglins hold the gold and seem to study it before figuring out what to drop.  the hoglins are fun to taunt, but boy am I glad I can fly on this server.  If you were on foot, this biome could seriously dish out some damage.

###
 

7/8/2020 Technic VeeTech

Still exploring Hillfall ... haha, the temple where I stashed two villagers a while back now had about 12 of them packed in there, so I guess they have been breeding like rabbits.  Three of them were from the fossils mod, but their offers were Terrible, like 23 emeralds for 4 dino steaks.  Yikes.  I got my safari net launcher and sorted them out into two other market areas.  Did a census of the box dungeon way below town, brought up some spoils and left the rest intact.  Raided the abandoned mine for a while.  Expanded the pillared-up house into a 4-story town hall: bottom floor is the market, 2nd floor storage, 3rd floor future office, 4th floor the actual house or mayor's place or more offices.

I guess name tags haven't been invented yet in this version?  1.5.2.  I wanted to rename the travelling merchant to Mayor Cardiff but had to settle for a sign on the wall nexto to his little spot, where he paces back and forth frantically all day.

Got my first forestry plums, but they don't craft into harvestcraft plums or HC plums saplings, apparently they are only used in the plum yogurt recipe.

A fun area.


###
 

7/12/2020 Technic VeeTech

I had a few other short visits.  Forgot how much fun those DartCraft infused tools and items were.  So I created a heat pickaxe and a grinding pickaxe, three unbreaking II on each using Artifice things, and left them at various mines to make each mining process a little different.  now, the force axe with lumberjack is not as useful with Treecapitator installed, but the grinder buff acts like a sawmill -- again conflicting with Treecapitator, but if I use it on the lower few blocks and then use a regular axe for the top block, all the leaves get taken out as expected.  The force sword with unbreaking and knockback is pretty darn good.  However, it's a pain in the ass to have to have a wiki open to figure out which items can be infused with which powers.  I think later versions have a sort of in-game manual, but this version is just a black box.

Darn, the DartCraft fortune cookies are funny.  I got one that just said "NCC1701".  And then you infuse the fortunes onto tools to get Fortune enchants ... just hilarious.

So, at the Cathedral, next to my storage for DartCraft items, and the little infuser that had been sitting in a corner unused all this time, I started an actual DartCraft work area.   A worktable for force ingots, pipes, item cards, pack and flasks.  I guess the force pack is the solution for NPCs I have been looking for all this time.  You can sneak rclick them to rename and choose a color, and infuse with force flasks to add rows of 8 more slots to the basic (low-level NPC) 8 slots.  And even write an item card with specific items that can be automatically sucked into the pack.  Perfect.

I wrote up a txt file in my notes folder copying the infuser recipes from the wiki.  This early version of DartCraft does not have the cool armor or furnaces or mob chunks yet.  But I finally figured out how the crafting cards work inside the force pipes -- but what a bizarre timing system they have ... two or three slots in the first pipe fill up before is passes along items to a second crafting pipe.  But I did setup a basic plank-sticks-ladder factory with a chest, woodem pipe, autarchic gate, and two force pipes, and it's pretty darn easy to pop out the item cards and change recipes.  For some reason, the Buildcraft auto workbench no longer pulls from inventories or fails to autocraft -- whatever, I have been unable to make even a simple automat until this experiment with the force pipes.

I made force shears with Rainbow, so I should be getting random wool colors when I shear sheep.  This cruel tool can also shear cows and chickens, essentially ripping off their leather and feathers, but cannot get bacon from pigs yet.  Yup, I left it in the chest next to big sheep pen at Field of Ruins.  Snip snip, the colors come flying off.

I got an experience tome to store levels in, and a fortune IV pickaxe which I could enchant with Unbreaking III for only 5 levels.  Then I was able to get Fortune II and bump it up to Fortune II, Eff III, Unbreaking II for only 2 levels at the enchanting table.  A bit OP.

Let's see ... Fortune IV gives what kind of output?  
20 diamond ore = 57 diamonds (almost 3x, pulverizer only gives 2 each).  
20 Nether quartz ore = 48 quartz (no pulverizer recipe in this pack).  
20 coal ore = 62 coal (pulverizer gives 2 each).
10 apatite ore = 97 apatite (no pulverizer recipe)
10 lapis ore = 99 lapis (pulverizer gives 8 each)
10 redstone ore = 60 redstone (pulverizer gives 8 each)

More fun with obscure items: the Artifice mod has a diamond sledge that is supposed to break blocks into the pieces they were made from with only a 20% loss.  So, a stack of redstone repeaters I looted from some dimension: 41 RS, 108 RS torches, 144 stone and no durability used.  Yes, it can be enchanted, I put efficiency I and unbreaking I on it.  16 sticky pistons = 14 slimeballs, 13 pistons.  How did I not know about this years ago?  I have maybe 12 stacks of repeaters and even tried adding a custom recipe to smelt them back into redstone.

Comments

Popular Posts