Overgrown 1.12.2 = new pack in the works

7/29/2000  Overgrowth 1.10.2

I gave Anne a tour of this world, and it was amazing how long and in-depth I could go on describing various locations.  Hats off to all the modders for taking a block-breaking game and creating such amazing things as Refined Storage and laser power relays beaming energy all over the place.


##


7/30/2000  Overgrown 1.12.2

I suppose the most "productive" thing I could be doing is to finish testing my latest pack and finally release it.  Wow, I forgot how eye-opening the splash screen was, with that crazy-dense foliage shot from the San Diego Botanical Gardens.  I should probably recaption it as a "nature gone wild" modpack.

This one is really for explorer-type players.  Hundreds of types of plants and trees to find and figure out what each one might be used for.  Probably the best terrain generator I've ever seen (OpenTerrainGenerator), with so many little details like rocky outcrops in plains, clumps of bushes instead of generic trees, patterns of ground blocks instead of just solid grass, and Streams for very well implemented moving streams of water.  Roguelike Dungeons put gorgeous towers in lonely places, with hours of adventure beneath each one.  Millenaire has whole towns and cultures constantly growing and changing.  MineColonies has my own town and NPCs, but I did build it in an area that does not have enough space to grow properly.  Crazy food & compressing mods: Pinkly Sheep, Vanilla Food Pantry, SuperBlocks, SmartHoppers, Compressed Items.  Logical progressions of Iron Backpacks and Iron Furnaces.  For interesting items & tools: Mega Loot, Quality Tools, DungeonTactics.  For quests (as if Millenaire won't keep you busy enough) it's got Bailey's Dailies and Bountiful.

NetherEx for a much much better Nether, End Reborn for a better end, Cavern mod for a few more dimensions to dig around in, and Fossils/Archaeology for bringing prehistoric plants and creatures back into the world.  And MoBends for brilliantly new creature movement.  Dynamic Surroundings for wonderful sound effects.  I swapped out Waystones for the way simpler Warp Book.  For a rustic/nature feel there is Rustic, Totemic, Project Vibrant Journeys, Nomadic Tents.

The only real tech mod I included is EnderIO.  For storage: Storage Drawers and Simple Storage Network.  I didn't want to go overboard with machinery this time around.

A lot of the mods were out of date.  A bit of a struggle updating so many of them.  Apparently, after v 2847, Forge starts using "Sponge" libraries and kicking me out with errors, so the latest Cavern II update is out.  I also had to rollback Dynamic Surroundings, but heck, the odds of there being super-important new content is low ... it is already such a good mood mod.

I dropped Fairy Lights, Lag Goggles, YABBA ane Level Up.  I see some of my favorites are now available, so let's add Mystical Ag and Astral Sorcery back in.  The biggest gap in the world is animals, so I will try ZAWA for a while.  And Ender IO Zoo for some baddies.  Hmm, I got a message that enderio:farmers and botania:petals were no longer found.  I don't even have Botania.

How fun, the latest FutureMC backported netherite and other items from 1.16.

Love the modder community.

Argh, a ton of blocks changed, including one of my prehistoric trees turning into columns of toxic pink liquid.  Rollback Fossils mod.  Disable ZAWA and Astral Sorcery temporarily -- I should know better than to add/upgrade more than one mod at a time.  Duh.  Big mess, actually, rolling back EnderCore, EnderIO, skipping EnderIO Mobs which needed the other two updated.  Will add Rockhounding:Surface when I get a chance: that is just the white sands biome and ancient logs without all of the machinery.

Copied the whole mods and saves folders back.  Yay, the trees are trees again.

Comments

Popular Posts