Technic VeeTech: TF miner's tree in action

7/19/2020 Technic VeeTech

Tonight I picked a town ... Beringia ... and just lived and worked there for a while, and did some major updates to the buildings.  Changed old to the local purple amaranth wood.  Dug a tunnel through the rocky hill from the main town to the backside of town, and added two rooms in there with windows framed in amaranth.  Logged a few stacks of lumber.  Dug tunnel down from the uptown blacksmight, through the hills to the lakeside below.  Also dug down from the town mine to chambers at y=60, 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10.  Which intersected with a big half-frozen abandoned mine that was fun to explore.

Back at Redwood Base, I checked the bees.  Got a noble/imperial princess and majestic/noble drone.  Run that pair.  Trying to get a stable initial stock of majestic and imperial.

###

7/20/2020 Technic VeeTech

I spotted comet NEOWISE for the first time tonight.  Comically, from my girlfriend's house -- where I can be found every night around sunset -- the nearby powerplant spits up a little plume of steam that blocks that one tiny swath of sky, just to screw with me.  No mistaking it in binoculars, it stretches across the whole field of view.  Just barely barely visible with the naked eye (using the old averted vision trick) once I knew exactly where it was.

I did some mining and trades over in Hillfall.  Hopped to the Twilight Forest and flew from treetop to treetop listening for spiders, then busting open the leaf dungeons.  I did find a few rare saplings: 3 trees of time, 1 miner's tree, 1 sorting tree.  Sure enough, the miner's tree comes up shaped like a pickaxe and slowly sucks ores to the surface in about a 12 block radius.  Pretty amazing, really.  It can even pull up ores directly under grass without breaking the grass, which is an odd look any day.  There were about 10 chests just hanging around Mazetown, so I did some sorting and took 7 back to the Cathedral with me.

The Miner's Tree in action


At the Cathedral, I expanded my deep storage unit network, adding 8 more for things like netherrack (overflowing), gravel, ice, and more.  My cobble DSU had 96,000 blocks now.  It just steadily generates more.

Really a fun 2-hour jaunt.  Hard to believe it's really all just numbers, behind the scenes.

###


Comments

Popular Posts