Epic Proportions Season 10V: uses for ores

9/7/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10V

Yeah, I like to post 2 or 3 nights of logs at a time.  If I had to make a new entry for every blurb, I would go nuts ...


After a few more trips to CrazyCraft, bringing stinkies back from the Nether and having them keep escaping the two-high pens in Yuma, I wanted to head back to this other world tonight.

BTW, I am calling this pack Season 10V, since it is the regular season 10 pack from Twitch with all my (nickname "V") mod changes.

Odd ... I'm not sure why it wants CoFHCore now.  I don't think it ever needed it before.  Added it.  Next error: "The Erebus cannot use biome id 1000".  Was I trying to add more mods?  Drop that one.

Well, that was a fun adventure,  I spent most of the time hacking through the epic dungeons under Big Desert VIllage and Desert Village 3.  On a Big Day I ran around and caught some deert giants.  I spent a night in the dark mooshroom biome with FuriousDestroyers (Pat), waiting for mobs to spawn so we could team up and take them on.  Mostly clowns and Ted 2.0 stick bots, or whatever the heck they are.  I discovered a new candy house, and there was an infernal witch inside to defeat before I could take over and cook up the 12 furlion chops and 4 chimera chops I got along the way.

No major AoA mob action, but if I choose to head out looking for trouble, I can always find it.

##

9/8/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10
to 9/10

Even just casually running around the world or mining, this world feels a lot deeper than the Crazycraft world.  The events are great, they offer unique creatures and hazards, and make a great diversion from routine tasks.  The Youtuber ores, tools and armors are a fun addition -- except for Pat & Jen, they are rare enough to be a real challenge trying to make complete suits.

As for the CoFH mod dependency, it looks like I tried adding MineFactory Reloaded specifically to try spawner/grinders on those crazy AoA mobs.

I started adding dimensional embassy buildings around my main brick house base, with ladders and tunnels leading down to their actual portals.  I finished the Creeponia embassy last year, just now I added Haven and Precasia, each made of blocks from that dimension.

I finally got started on a tech lab over at the Plains Base.  

I expanded building 2 to have chests for loot bags, essences, runes.  I brough over some of my NPCs in golden lassos (matalloid, rune master, banker) but none of their trades worked at all.

Building 3 is the tech lab, with a Project Table with 8 blueprints for various items (blank plans, basic gear, capacitor, machine chassis, etc), plus a stirling generator, SAG mill and alloy smelter.  And two furnaces that hoppers into a chest for slow bulk smelting.  I just keep runnin out of iron, since I suppose some of the ore gen is replaceed by modded ores.  I was trying to think of some recipes I could make for the otherwise unusable ores in the pack.  I found my old recipe where 8 copper/silver coins around bitumen = one silver/gold coin for trading.

aluminum = block, can be used for hoppers and shears (wish I had checked before using up so much iron)
amethyst (AoA) = tools, armor sets, lamp, infusion blueprint, creation forge, enhancer: magic
  SAG mill for 2 amethyst (Custom NPCs) = shovel, block
  (OresPlus) = hammer, block
apatite = block
bauxite = smelt to aluminum ore
cassiterite = smelt to tin ore
certus quartz = none
copper = capacitor, hammer, block, chest, MFR upgrade
  alloy: bronze = block, tools, sword, hammer, MFR upgrade
  alloy: brass = block
galena = smelt to lead ore
halloween essence (6512) = none
lead = block, (OresPlus version) carved rune of reality
limonite = tools, holly arrows, armor sets, hammer, lamp
nickel = hammer, block
osmium = hammer, block, carved rune of space
peridot = block
phosphorite = block
platinum = hammer, block, MFR upgrade
potash = block
silver = block, chest, MFR upgrade, hammer
  alloy: electrum = hammer, block
  alloy: enderium = NONE
spooky ingot (6511) = just a block
tetrahedrite = none, in real life it has Cu,Fe,Sb,S
tin = block, hammer, MFR upgrade
  alloys: bronze, enderium
topaz = block
uranium = none
yellorite = block, carved rune of travel
zinc = block, alloy: brass



Comments

Popular Posts