Epic Proportions Season 10v: armor gallery & loot recyclers

9/22/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10v

I was finally able to make an EnderIO Slice-n-Splice to make the Z-Logic circuit to make the MFR auto-spawner.  I added a building at the Plains Base for the spawner/grinder, but it only seems to spawn one or two mobs per bucket of essence.

I added another building for my Iromine portal -- but that dimension is a dark disappointment, just a dark, bleak place with things firing green fireballs down on me.  I did some digging, but it's almost too dark to see anything.  And somehow, Night Vision potions are nerfed to make it even worse: total blackness, the only way out was to use Waila to tell when I was looking at the portal blocks, and then walk through.

I got my extraction skill up to 11, and finally built a creation forge, made a bunch of pengiun slabs and got my creation skill up to 6.  Still pretty weak on those, but at least I got a few levels.


##

9/24/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10v

For a fun project, I built a new building at the edge of my desert town for all 16 Youtuber armor sets.  I warp-booked back and forth to my other stashes and smelteries and brought all the youtuber ores and metals over here, and made a block and as many armor pieces for each character.  Some of these ores, like AntVenom and BajanCanadian (hi, Mitch!), are so rare, I have found less than 3 of them in all my days on this world.  But it's a good start on a medium-sized project.

After having an infernal infernal sphinx jump through a window and explode a whole building, I decided to just disable infernal mobs.  AoA is already balanced properly, and if I want a big battle, there are over a dozen bosses to fight.  Having an extra sparkly zombie doesn't really make the world better, and it looks like some mobs still spawn even in well-lit areas, which if true, really sucks.

##

9/25/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I went searching for some more youtuber ores, found enough to make the rest of the SSundee suit.  I setup two small new buildings, one for runes and runium, and one for limonite stuff.  I never did see a way to get started with the runation skill, but after making a rune shrine and then r-clicking on it with uncharged runes (one runium chunk = 16 uncharged rune), I was able to get up to level 7 with no problem.  It turns out there are a lot of things that limonite can be used for, from ammo to lamps, but it's still too common -- I was surprised there were no simple limonite blocks to take up the overflow.  The colors would have been nice.


##

9/26/2020 Epic Proportions Season 10

I watched a 9 part tutorial on CustomNPCs, to finally get a grasp of all the options for these created characters.  Found out that the headcrumbs mod adds a huge list of those youtubers who show up out of nowhere and punch me in the face.  But to collect them, you get them to drop their heads, then make a two-high stack of clay blocks and r-click with the head to make a full statue of the character.  Clean and simple, and another 100+ things to collect.  And the config file is easily editable, to add whoever I want.

I also discovered the loot recyclers from the Loot Bags mod.  A bit of a hack, but it's good for all the loot I don't want, just drop all the deadly birthday presents and division sigils in there to have them accumulate into new loot bags.  Of course, I can also just make endless iron swords and drop those in for free loot bags.  So, I didn't need this whole chest of conduit probes and one-time safari nets .. recycle them.

My evening project was back near my brick dungeon base: a two-story building with 32 armor stands per floor, for all 64 armor sets from Advent of Ascension.  I used a combination of deep red blocks from the Abyss and deep green stones from Creeponia, with some brick blocks for texture.  Of course, I don't HAVE any of them yet.  All the ones with Overworld materials seem to need jade ore.  Ok, I have the mercurial set from Creeponia scattered around and almost worn out.

It also looks like there are 52 banners in AoA, so another trophy building for those is in my head.  Interesting thing there, is that they can be packed by 9x to get three higher tiers of gold and other frames.  But I can't picture getting the high tier (243 banners needed) for any of them.   AoA may well have some weird decisions and oddly blocky mobs, but it seriously delivers on the amount of content and adventuring it offers.

I also added a few more recipes for otherwise useless ores.  Including cinnabar ore -> mercury -> with phosphorite to make ornamyte and peridot to make gemenyte.   I think some of the plants from other dimensions should have uses, and perhaps the gems from Haven (I have a ton of those now) can help convert Overworld items to their Haven counterparts, for example.

Comments

Popular Posts