Quickhaven updates 4/3 to 4/6

Some progress on the new world.  Really slow going.  Many recipes have been made even harder, the lag means I have to avoid mobs, keep running out of coal and iron, etc.

4/3/13

Explored down river a bit.  Saw two cliffs about 10 blocks high across a river, neat site for a future building bridging the gap.  A bit further, night coming, dug into the side of a cliff and chill out.  Next few days, expanded this into a decent hangout, dug deep (wanted to check the Flat bedrock mod - yup, all flat bedrock on level 1 only), all kinds of weird ores & crystals.  Fought some badguys out front.  Zombies drop brains?

Chris told me he found a village, sent the waypoint info.  I ran over there, 500m, made it just as night fell, chose a house and replaced the door with a fence.  In 2 game days, I had the village surrounded by cobblestone walls for safekeeping.  Some zombie fighting.  Duh a mine under my house (chasm way down there for future exploration), heaps of ores.  Completed my iron armor.  Farmed some crops.

##

4/4/13

Headed across desert, about 120m to a shoreline.  Built the first building of my new settlement there.  I don't want to bring a siege down upon the village just by being there.  I think this is far enough to not get the village sacked.  Threw up about a 10x10 building, dug a mine, heaps of ores etc.

##

4/5/13

I should have enough stuff stockpiled down that I can start planning some industry.  In the meantime, ran north to spruce forest for more wood.  Planted two big trees near my new house ... hope they don't spawn monsters up top and drop them down onto me.

Built a second 10x10 building next to the first, expanded fences, ran a quick road back to village.  planted some IC2 crops, just wheat for now.

Read up on weird recipes, make a few xychloridite blocks, kinda fun mood lighting over doors of main house.  Some mod put little flowers in the desert that drop blaze powder!  Done for the night.

###

4/6

Rutt was on for a while, we explored mines, villages.  Built a twilight portal in woods outside of Quickhaven.

Expanded the town, two more buildings (one for shards/thaumcraft) one for IC2 stuff.  Rubber trees acting weird: chopping them gives rubber wood and drops of rubber, smelt rubber drops into rubber bars, and rubber bars replace the old rubber in most IC2 recipes.  Treetaps seem useless.  Got 8 minium shards, hoping to use the minium stone to make gold, but need one gold to make the inert stone to complete the minium stone!  Added more IC2 crops near town hall.

###

Comments

Popular Posts