Places: Hit the Execute Button (Again)
Places: 260729 part 3
I sorted the junk in my chests and went back to the Alpha dimension, tp'd to the portal room, went to The End library again and clicked the Execute button a few more times. Then it said "operator permissions complete", or something like that. Walked through the wall back to the Backrooms, tp'd to the structure bridge portal and ... it was finally ACTIVE.
Wow, this one mod has some of the most involved mazes and quests I've ever seen. But would it have killed them to put some hints into books, so we have some actual way of knowing what to do without watching other youtubers do it with spoilers??
Off to the structure bridge. I got the achievement for visiting all 6 dimensions in the Places mod. The paths to all the portal structures all have gaps, but you can grab as many stone slabs as you need to make it safe to walk across. The first youtuber I saw reach this dimension could not find a way home and jumped into the void. In fact the yellow portal building back to the Backrooms has an active "0 Portal" to get there safely.
At this point you in the story arc of the Places mod, you need to fight a ton of error mobs to get stacks of error items and blocks, then come back here to convert them to debug blocks, then keys. Not that any in-game item tell you that. There are very vague hints on the Achievements page, but that's all you get.
I have to agree with that youtuber: every now and then you catch a glimpse of an incredible bounding box around the bridge. Inquiring minds (in spectator mode) want to know. I went down to -40 and up to 300 and saw nothing. Maybe it is off to the side. Well, I flew from -300x to +300x and caught no glimpse of anything. Maybe they just throw that amazing texture onto the sky every now and then.
Back in the Backrooms, the corrupted areas are spawning hordes of purple/black error mobs, but I can't get anywhere near them safely. I shot half a stack of arrows and only got one error item. Most of the drops fall into the pit of purple death. I even died once -- good thing I set my rest stop sign at my barrel room.
Well, that's enough for the night. I don't know how to fight those things.








Comments
Post a Comment