Places: Alpha "City" to The End library

Places - 260726 part 2

Raiding all those little eyesore buildings in the Alpha world was fun yesterday, and more fun today.  I saw some structures which used smooth stone slabs, real overworld blocks there for the taking.  I saw a note that the glass tower is at 2000,2000 so I flew out here only to see that my note said -2000,-2000.

We did get the achievement of finding all the biomes in the Rooms dimension.  Beyond the Big Rooms there was a new biome for the stone gash running through the world, vast walls of both sides.


Just now, after seeing I was at the wrong point in the Alpha world, I tp'd to my Alpha Smithy waypoint at (-1893,something) and started flying up to -2000,-2000.  I ended up finding the last biome on the Alpha dimension, called "City".  Here, the world is made of endless Tiny stacks of planks with torches on top.  The ground here is smooth stone blocks, more Overworld materials.  The weird little square room grids are also found here, 20-30 blocks below the surface with no access points.  The City biome was a medium-sized island surrounded by Alpha Ocean.  A second City island spawned at (-1973 67 -1099).

Well, there was nothing at (-2000,-2000) in the Alpha dim, so I took the nearest  door back to the Rooms dimension.  I crossed over to my main storage and discovered on my fly over there that there are two interesting floors directly above the barrel room: first, an empty copy of those rooms that is just the cement walls, and above that is another blue sky village room.  Combined with the vast rooms of storage shelves below it, this barrel area is one of the most active areas of the map.

1825: After some more exploring and busting through walls in the Rooms dimension, I turned a corner and found that little pink door that was critical to solving the whole mod.  That was an immediate waypoint.  



It's a tiny dimension, just one pink room with the pride flag hanging in the closet (grabbed it).  I also picked up the manila wallpaper pattern from an item frame on a shelf, and some pink wallpaper while I was there.  A nice little spot.

After dinner: 1922: back into the Alpha dimension to find that Stronghold glass pillar.  I found some neat wool art of a Steve and a fish, then a chunk-shaped stone tower with rails and a structure bridge portal inside -- inactive of course.  There's a minecart chest there with another Operator Floppy.  I just have to find that darn stronghold portal to The End library already ...



2003: I stopped to connect two underground caches to the surface (a combination of creative and a few peaks with spectator mode), but after all this flying around to generate new chunks, the whole PC is grinding to a halt.  I found one building that was setup as an old-time shop: chests with "Dirt pay 5 per 64" and so on, stocked with about 10 stacks of items.  Nothing valuable but fun to see from the very early days.  There were some nonsense signs outside and in the bedroom.

Sure, MC was eating up 10.5G of RAM, but the real issue was Antimalware kicking in with higher priority.  Let's give it some time to settle.

2020: oh jeez, you can "/locate structure places:the_end_stronghold".  It's at (-784, ~, 2336) in this world.  It was a long spiral dig down to ... nothing.  Back to spectator mode.  The actual portal room is in one of those little rings of square rooms at (-804, -14, 2351).  So I went back up top and made my way down again -- polymer clay bricks at (-797, -11, 2348).  This was the same square of little rooms, except this one had a long room in the middle and the key portal room is right there where we need it.  It shows as the "-> Portal" and looks like yellow wallpaper.




Hopped through and finally made it to The End library.  I worried that I might have forgotten to bring the Operator Floppy, but it was there in one of my shulkers.  Stuck it in the operator computer.  Hit EXECUTE.  Now I am SIGNED IN AS OPERATOR.  It looks like I am supposed to go through the big yellow portal back to the Backrooms, but let's look around a bit more. 



There's a door marked "Staff Only" with a few rooms full of End loot: chorus fruit, purpur blocks and such.  Next room has a dragon head and a shulker with 150 end stone and some other items to help carry your loot back home.  I got two smithing templates as well.  Looted the place and went back through the 0 Portal.

And the structure bridge portal is still inactive??


Comments

Popular Posts