Veetech, officially

10/9/2016  VeeTech!

I finally went to package up this modpack and put it on the technic platform.  I renamed it VeeTech because HexTech was (obviously) taken.  I used one of my old fractal art pieces for the logo, tried to give it a good spin.

Set to private for now, pending further tests.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/veetech.901673

At the last minute I removed AsgardShields, SecretRooms, HexxitGear, and HarkenScythe.  I never used the first two, the third is clearly designed for Hexxit, and HarkenScythe is just bloody and nasty, though I will miss the Harbinger and the SpectralMiner.  Just want to be less of a Hexxit knockoff, and more of the world the way I want to present it to people.  The ZIP file sent from 133 megs down to 130 also.  The biggest mods in terms of file siaze are Fossils (10meg), Thaumcraft (6meg), TinkersConstruct and DimensionalDoors (4meg each), then Forestry and Twilight Forest at 3 megs each.  Oh, duhhh, the file file had included my work folders "my added mods" and "my removed mods".  Well THAT got it down to just 60 megs!

I'm pretty sure these last mod deletions will crash my current game world.  Let me go delete all the items I have from those mods and see if Forge can still load a copy of the world.

To install it in the Technic launcher:
http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/veetech

The modpack is currently hidden so nobody can get to it until it's ready.  First test install pulled up vanilla MC and treated all unknown blocks as invisible.  Had to add bin/modpack.jar ... and the big Chocolate folder full of BetterDungeons schematics.  So we're back up to a 73 meg ZIP file.  Really nice to be able to tap into this platform installer/launcher technology.  Those guys (and the Feed the Beast folks) did a heck of a job coming up with a unified interface for mashing together such a complex web of mods and options.

2nd test install.  Same error.  I had to copy the Chocolate folder manually.  Not sure why "Reinstall pack" did not put the new files from the Zip file in my modpack folder.

Now it loaded my hexxTech game world.  I lost my backpack FULL of supplies, and my force wrench, and my active weapons (legia bow and big sword) even though the supporting modpacks are still included.  Easy enough to fix.  I tested a few of my DimensionalDoors and Mystcraft books -- those still work.

The only things I expected to vanish are the hexxical stuff and the few bits of Hexxit Gear I had in chests, plus any shields in chests.  I know that the shields vanished from a diamond pipe setup because that pipe line started feeding random stuff into my weapons chest.

Extended exploration run ... wow, some great places out here.  An ice field with two gaping entrances to minotaur dungeons, fossil hunting on stony outcrops, a weird rocky hole with stairs spiralling down into the dark, a bunch of wisp altars (my first two infernal wisp encounters), a huge Extreme Hills dropoff with eagles circling down below me, in front of a volcano.  Wow, the random scatter of ores tells me that volcano is one of those massive dwarven strongholds.  So cool.  Future target for video romp!



After about 90 minutes in my old hexxTech world copied over to the new VeeTech modpack, it looks stable.  ;-)

-- 2130 trip --

I hooked up a dimdoor to a spot on the nearest Nether Fortress, and another inside a giant tree in twilight forest.  Found a dimdoor on top of a dark forest, next to a giant tower and a batlte tower.  Went in, defused the two TNT traps, got sent to limbo.  So now that I'm here, what kind of blocks are decay-proof in this modpack??

2235: TE machines NO, shiny block NO, autocrafter, chisel cobble, artifice reinforced scaffold NO, iron chest, regular chest, reinforced iron chest immediate NO, iron tank wall, detector - item, quarried stone, concrete, coke block, lapis essence block. 
2445 add tumbleweed to test batch.  Can't r-click saplings onto dirt.
2247 add tombstone, potion shelf, clay jar, ink mixer, furnace. 
2251 add rain tank, worktable, mailbox, apiary (basic idea was a hint that items with inventory are politely not decayed by the DD mod)
2253 iron tank wall NO
2256 add fruit crate, fertilizer (MFR), saltpeter ore, dk emerald ore
2300 add some fences, pumpkin, clay block (with torch), jukebox, dispenser, dropper
2303 all blocks holding up so far
2304 first fence turns to stone, then cobble
2307 2nd fence NO, clay block NO, add wood and sandstone
2308 add melon, end stone, shale glass (chisel mod)
2309 1st fence is unraveled, snow man still antagonizing that monolith (haha)
2312 add mccrayfish chair and fridge
2314 add storage crate, locker, hay bale, maple wood, mcc cabinet
2317 mcc cabinet NO (even though it had an inventory)
2319 hay bale NO, replace with fossil block
2324 add structure pipes and facades
2326 fossil block GONE, spawned some imps and in a creepy fashion they immediately walked out onto the eternal fabric and stood there staring into space
2329 one of the first blocks I placed, a stone brick block, is still there!

I grabbed a rift signature, and back at the Cathedral I added a new door to the Limbo Decay Lab.  Oddly, about 4 more ruins have appeared in that spot on the road back from the Cathedral.  Really obvious since one of them cut off my road.  Seems like that one chunk (or few chunks) are just not being flagged as having been checked for ruins spawnage yet.

So cool.  My own modpack with creepy fractal logo (it looks vaguely like a nuclear explosion) and splash graphic.  Custom tailored, and I think other players will also find it outrageously varied and fun.  So many challenges and possible experiments!

-- 0030 trip --

More exploring.  Found a huge chinese-style ship made out of green wool and nether brick.  Uninhabited.  It hurled a lot of doors and beds at me.  It had cannons, but the dispensers were empty and facing the wrong way.  Great piece of design work, just not quite complete without foes to defeat.  Further along, I found a big village in a marsh, and a little farlander obsidian tower with the one defender, in the middle of a nice shrublands biome cut by some deep ravines.



Made a snow golem, he's over there throwing snowballs at a monolith whose eye is wide open.  Not trying to teleport me, just obviously bothered.  Too funny!

Comments

Popular Posts