Veetech - hello Farlanders

10/7/2016 hexxtech world

Crazy headache after work today.  So I went exploring.  Salvaged one of those sunken ships I had found on the map.  Then tunneled under the ocean to get to the dungeon I saw outlined.  Along the way I crossed through a few cave systems AND found my first abyssal stone.  How's this for some swag:
- 3x64+12 stone, 67 cobble, 20 coal ore, 18 redstone ore, 17 diamond ore, more ores (14 Fe, 8+18+8 Cu, 17+17 Sn, 9 Al, 2 cinnabar, 4 amber, 10 salt), 104 clay, 45 abyssal stone, 2 dark lapis ore, 42 marble, 9 force gems, fossils (6 relic scraps, 6 bio-fossils, big skull, big clae), 14 thaum shards.
- and my gold chest for looting ... chestplate, 2 leggings (my armor was thrashed so I had to use one of each), 64 stone, 6 redstone ore, limited mob spawners (2 skel, 2 spider, 2 zombie -- yeah, I know, the force wrench makes the whole soul shards mod obselete in this world), 5 Au, 31 Fe, 6 diamonds, 4 emeralds, 35 leather, 18 gunpowder, 64+58 books, 7 crafting tables, 4 furnaces, 10 eyes of ender, 16 paintings, 7 book shelves, 2 discs, about 200 food items (including 108 raw meats I dropped in my hopper-furnace), printing press, ender giant sword (Smite V), diamond shield, glowing bread, about 30 essences, spoils bag, few other doo-dads.

And almost ALL of that stuff is sorted out in my system.  I took a chest of armor/weapons to my weapons lab.  Experimented with those two quivers, r-click while holding them and each can hold up to 200 arrows!  My arrow chest, which was getting a bit full, now has a lot more space.  Aww, there is no crafting recipe for that quiver (LegendGear), but there is another quiver (BetterDungeons) that's just a bag and an arrow to make.

-- 0044 --

Finished raiding the "boar tower" -- tiny tower with huge maze of rooms beneath, many levels deep.  Same old layout though, I'm familiar with each room now.  I harvest all the iron bars, wish I had a quick way to grab the red and yellow carpets.  Since I knew there was going to be a huge library at the end of it (I met the necromancer in a little back room instead), I stopped at home to make a diamond axe (Silk Touch I, Unbreaking III, Efficiency III), officially known as "shelf breaker".  ;-)  Came home with 3 stacks of shelves.  Boy, my cathedral could use some interior decorating.  You know, I haven't made a single piece of actual furniture yet.

Came home with about 4 more chests of loot.  Sorting now.  Will do a bit of an inventory this weekend, to see what I'm overstocked on, and what items maybe I need or can craft.  Many of the mods don't have their items appear as loot at all.

##

10/8/2016 hexxtech world

Woohoo!  I was able to add the Minions mod and the Farlanders mod, without breaking my existing world.  I set the Minions config to use the N key, since the default M key is for opening maps; also set the max minions from 4 to 7.  Tested it on a new world first, worked out the id conflicts.  Getting pretty good at this, I think.  However, I could NOT get ExtraBees/ExtraTrees to work due to come conflict in the binniecore mod that I could not find any config for.  Also saw a weird note in a forum that sometimes the reported conflicting ids are off by +/-256.

Time for some exploring in new chunks.  I booked back to my shroom world library link.  What a weird world.  I have a tree out front, an oil well drooling down on top of that, and some weird creature outside making squeaky noises.  I don't even recognize the sound.
Blue grass, giant mushrooms, mango trees, weird giant snowballs on the ground and floating, twilight forest trees, occasional mooshroom patches.  Too funny.  Very alien place.

Will dig a bit and see what it's like below the crust.  Oh wow, it's solid dirt all the way down to bedrock.  I dug a few hundred blocks with the force mitts, then hurled some dynamite down at bedrock level -- no signs of caves or anything but dirt.  So, from y=67 down to y=3, that's a LOT of dirt!

A quick run outside proved that this is a seriously mob-filled world.  Possibly because of all the shade from trees and mushrooms.  Hey, I ran into my first few farlanders: two rebels who were no real problem, and it was pretty funny when a enderman looter teleported over and tried to steal my bow in the middle of a battle.  I figured, since Dartcraft already introduced the ender tot, the farlanders mod was a perfect fit.  And boy, it does feel like there is a cult of endermen here.  I can see groups of 2-3 ender tots and one or two adults under a mushroom, but not sure if the tots and maybe farlanders.  At one point I ran under a 2-high mushroom to defend against two angry endermen, when another ender tot ran in and hit me AND a mummy punched me out into the open where the angry guys could get me.  A very challenging a fun world, unlike any other Mystcraft age I have ever seen.

Spent some time exploring dimensional dungeons, kinda hoping the farlanders would spawn in those to make them even more crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts