Veetech is a go ... and audio issues

10/10/2016  VeeTech!

I found one guy on Facebook (Andy who ran the blocksandthings server earlier this year) who was willing to test out my modpack link.

Did some more exploring, found some odd places and two double fortresses connected by wooden bridges.  Felt like doing some Tinker's Construct stuff, so I made a big batch of aluminum brass and made brass patterns for all available items :1 to :23).  Made some alumite and manyullyn ingots as well, though the alumite recipe (5 Al, 2 Fe, 2 obsidian) when I ran it as 30,12,12 gave me 12 obsidian ingots after the alumite, which is really odd.

I tried recording some videos but I was having audio trouble again.  The tiny mic on my new headset doesn't seem to pick up anything and/or the tiny mike built into the laptop is always on.  Either way, my voice was inaudible.  Darn it.  I'm ready to showcase this wild world!


###

10/11/2016  VeeTech!

Took a few stacks of stone bricks and made walls.  Made 4 stacks of torches.  Tpd to Field of Ruins base and walled off a huge new section, added a little bridge across to the red rocks cliff village of Jerome (haha), walled that area off as well, and went across the river to finally clear that battle pit.  After clearing the first 2 floor and blocking the stairway, I could drop dynamite down onto floor after floor of spawners.  Bam, bam ... problem solved.  Not much loot, but originally that pit was spawning blazes way too close to my base.

I was surveying the area, and can probably wall off an area about 70x70 which will include 4 ruins and two cleared battle pits.  It will make an odd settlement.  It's on a very wide plain, and will probably be a good spot for my trans-dimensional zoo.  Only trouble is the slime island way up above it.  I must have fought off a dozen of those buggers on this trip alone.   Will have to piller up to it and clear the water.  I'm still itching to use my minions for something, but I don't think they will understand "clear away this stupid floating island" -- they only have dig and branch mining commands, AFAIK.



###

10/12/2016  VeeTech!

I cleared out the slime island above my Field of Ruins base.  Ran around that corner of the world for a bit, harvested some fruit from trees.  Went up on the red rocks behind Jerome and unleashed my minions.  They dug a stairway down, then I had them branch mine for a while.  Boy those guys can make a mess.  They ended up tunnelling all the way under the town and coming out at two strategic points on the hillside.

Back home, I made a blast furnace.  First I needed more nether brick, so I took my door back to the nether fortress and mined a bunch.  Then I saw one of those grey areas on the minimap which mean that there is a ruin on the bedrock roof of the Nether.  So I tunnelled over there, got onto the bleak surface and grabbed a rift signature.  Now I have a warp door under one of my stairways that leads to the roof of the Nether!  Such an odd multiverse.

###

Gaming interrupted by real life stuff.  And videos still having funky audio problems...

###

Comments

Popular Posts