Veetech going all dimensional

10/4/2016 Hexxtech world

Back to my super fun world.  I still have about 20 animals to collect into a zoo, and spawner/grinders and auto-farms to make, igneous extruders to turn lava lakes into stockpiles of obsidian, deep dungeons to discover (I spotted the outlines of a few beneath the oceans), buildings to collect into a vast half-ruined metropolis, chains of pocket dimensions to master ... on and on.

I saw a few /commands for dimensional doors.  I thought /dd-??? would give me a list of loaded schematics (the forum topic said there was a /mm-list command for this) but instead it said "3374 rifts deleted"!  What the???  I ran upstairs to see if my pocket dimension was still there.  Yes it was.  And so were the few doors outside, and the dozen dimensions I had already explored.  I have no idea what that message was about.  On the other hand, it looks like /dd-dimensiondata gives me the id and some specs for the current dimension -- very cool.  I wonder about /dd-export ... ah, it is meant to be used as /dd-export <schematic name> to override an existing schematic.  Well, that's dangerous.  I was hoping it would export a list of dimensions and their links.  But yes, I recall this was a command for dungeon creators to save a built-up pocket dim to a schematic file.

So, my pocket dim is dim 131.  I will move my attempted mapping of the dimensions to a new text file.  A pain to go backwards in this log and try to find out what I said a week or two ago.

... and then I wrote most of my log entry over there in that other file, of course.

###

10/5/2016 Hexxtech world

Had a really fun romp the past two nights, just checking out dimensional dungeons, documenting how they're linked up, bringing back rift signatures for the safe, interesting ones, and adding them to my hub.  Just now I had two exit doors take me to the Mystcraft cave world, way down at the bottom of the world where apparently it's all lakes with sand dropping down from the ceiling.  I dug my way up through all the layers the second time, and had a fun run about 2200 blocks back to my Mystcraft exit book.  Raided a few libraries along the way for Mystcraft pages.  Boy, this is just a blast.  Exploring, looking for trouble, looting, and coming home with 5-8 chests every adventure to drop on those hoppers to be sorted.  Wow.  Great variety of game play.

Oh, I found out that the force wrench can pick up mob spawners and let me take em home.  Duh, not sure why I had not tried that yet.

- 10pm visit -

"/dd-rift list" lists all the dungeons loaded and available to play in.  About 4 chat pages full, many with long names (trap_pistonFloorPlatform2_closed_100), and some which are a bit obvious after having been to a few of them (smallDesert, smallPond).  It can also take <dungeonName> or "random" as parameters.

- midnight -

Last romp of the night.  I tried to piece together an interesting world with the Mystcraft pages I have been hoarding.  I went with Mushroom Island Shore Biome, Cyan grass, Mushroom Biome, Deep Lakes, Major Feature, Villages, a few other pages.  I got a mushroomy weird world all right; big mushrooms with multiple branches, then little patches of mooshroom stuff, big snowballs about 10x10, mummies and lizards and sandworms (again it thinks it's a desert biome as far as mobs go), raided a library.  Actually a LOT of mobs here, almost a constant battle to get anywhere, day or night, and I ran into at least 4 infernals just doing a quick tour.  This place has a really odd feeling, but definitely a new environment worth exploring.

One more foray into the shroom age.  Yes, tons of mobs.  I have never seen batches of ender tots before, but here they show up in groups of 3 or 4.  They don't seem to notice me if I walk by and don't look at them.  The snow spheres appear to be solid, no surprises inside.  I dug a tiny safe house in the base of an Easter Island head.  Fight fight.  Cleared two more libraries, turned the second one into a Mystcraft point: book in and book out.  Somewhere along the way I found a Pickaxe of the Core.  Don't know what that is.  The surface of this world is tough, but oddly beautiful.  I wonder what its like down below??

###

10/6/2016 Hexxtech world

For a little afternoon project, I decided to completely break down one of those cathedral fortresses.  There are about 7 of them on the map, and the world won't miss any ... and I want to be certain that I have no missed any little hidden compartments.  Also a great source of building materials.

The peaked roof, including the buildings it was sheltering: 40 spruce wood, 24x64+17 stone bricks, 64+17 chiseled stone bricks, 23 iron bars (around the stairs), 2x64+21 spruce stairs, 22x64+20 stone brick stairs, 35 stone brick slabs, 43 bookshelves (I pillaged a few when I was taking over the place), 19 glass panes (I broke a few, also not sure whether I was the one who put them there).  Wow.

One of the third floor rooms with the big blue wool & glass windows: 15 blue wool, 11x64+29 stone bricks, 45 chiseled stone bricks, 17 glass, 9 iron bars, 3x64+8 stone slab (on roof), 3 stone brick slab, 4 redstone torches.

-- 6pm visit --

Sacked cathedral #4, this time to get some stats.  My attack plan was to chip through the walls and use the poison staff on the walkers before they could even get up and going.  Especially effective in the main chapel room at the upstairs hallway where most of the army is concentrated.  The walker king did kill me out on the ice, but I came back to find him sitting next to my gravestone.  Snuck around, used magnet mode to pull my stuff out from under him.  Then the battle continued ...

Anyway, this time I brought a gold chest for mob drops: diamond block, 15 Au, 9 Fe, 7 diamond, potions (Night Vision 3:00, clear, strength 3:00), reinforced bow (Power I), 47 magic essences, walker sword and 3 claw from bats that got in the crossfire.

And I brought a diamond chests for loot.  So, I took out most of the beds and furnaces and bookcases (as books), but left a few things behind if they were holding up a cake.  Is there no way to pick up a cake?  Anyway, here is the loot: 2 ench swords, 3 ench helmets, ench chestplate, 6 ench legings, iron leggings, 2 boots, gold block, 66 coal, 16 Au, 23 Fe, 10 Sn, 10 Cu, 6 diamonds, 15 emerald, 40 redstone, 12 flint, 5 leather, 8x64+4 books, 10 furnaces, anvil, 15 eyes of ender, 24 beds, 3 music discs, 9 pots, about 50 food, 2 backpacks, magic mirror, destruction catalyst, 6 mgc essences, 5 water arrows, 4 magic staves, golden feather, cloud boots, reinforced bow, 5 cobalt, hookshot, a few other things.

Funny bit: upstairs in the room that filters out all the beds, I added a forestry worktable for making boxes (4 planks + stick = 16 boxes), then a recipe for boxing up the beds: 8 beds around box = box of 8 beds.  Those stack a bit funny, sometimes they stack to 2, or 3, or 7, sometimes they don't stack, but eventually by clicking them in and out of inventories they do stack up right.  But now my pointless stockpile of beds has ... 9 boxes of 8 beds each.  Talk about compact storage.  ;-)

--

A quick late-night run ... I captured the blue monastery, full of little goblins.  Fought down from floor to floor, wearing out my armor.  I get a kick out of the goblin boss riding on the back of the big goblin healer.  In the end, his diamond armor and having his shield up all the time, I jus led him around through a trail of dynamite.  Pow pow pow, a few points at a time.  Turns out there was a lava pool beneath the floor and a few diamond ore down there.

Comments

Popular Posts