Veetech hooked on testing

10/2/2016 Hexxtech world

I dropped a stack of iron bars in the smeltery, 64 iron bars = 24 ingots.  Grabbed two iron doors and an ender pearl.  Enchanted my backup legia bow to Infinity, Power II, Unbreaking II.

I finished my raid on the big underground dungeon, even took down all those bookshelves in the room with 8 double chests looking for maybe one more hidden surprise.  Then I raided the big galleon.  Carefully.  I cleared the TNT from the storerooms and cannons, strategically blocked passages and used the poison staff on most of the guys, including the captain from the other end of the ship.  I didn't try fighting him until he was down to 300hp, and then his multiple selves and invisibility almost got me.  I had to jump overboard, wear him down with the legia bow, the invite him to a little platform for the coup de grace.

Swag from the galleon alone: golde sword (Smite II, knockbak I), 80 arrows, iron helmet (pro IV, fire pro IV), iron chestplate, chain boots (proj pro IV), chain boots (blast pro II), 5 gold, 5 iron, 6 flint, 20 leather, 3 gunpowder, 27 wheat, 18 chests, disc, 20 bread, 6 melon slices, 3 carrots, 5 apples, 21 raw meats, 2 oak shelves, fancy lamp, 2 small backpacks (empty), 2 iron bows, quiver, 10 bullets, dark staff, scroll of escape.  DOuble chest #2: gold sword (sharpness II, fire aspect II), chain & iron chestplates, 3 gold blocks, 7 wooden doors, iron door, 5 trapdoors, 96 redstone repeaters (from cannons), 11 gold, 5 iron, 36 diamonds, 4 emeralds, 97 redstone, 6 flint, 6 chests, 2x64+59 TNT, 15 eye of ender, 3 boats, disc, 25 melon slices, potions (regeneration, instant damage), fur cloth helmet (aqua affinity I), cloak of distortion & ninja dagger (from pirate captain), scale boots, about 50 essences, 5 ice arrows.

I got stuck in the dimensional dungeon again.  Still a lot of fun to explore.  That dim with the tiny hallway and pressure plate has an iron warp door a few blocks below the pressure plate, but there is no place to put blocks anywhere nearby to actually use the door.  I ended up putting a few slabs down and breaking the block above it and more or less falling into the door.  It led to the safe room with the little sand heap and the two cactuses growing.  There's a diamond block under the bigger cactus.  But no way out.  So I dropped a warp door and went through, came out in the overwor;ld about 1500 blocks from home.  Did some exploring.

What a fun world.


###

10/3/2016 Hexxtech world

I raided that sunken lake tower.  Lots of goblins.  The goblin king was riding a healer, which was hilarious.  From there I went off into the NE snowy wastes.  Most of this world is frozen.  There are very few really lush, hospitable places.  A few redwood forests which have the opposite problem: so much stuff it's laggy.  Anyway, 6 more chests of loot.  After a while, I will have cleared every encounter area within about 100 blocks and can focus on muilding a civilization.  There will still be dungeons down at the bottom of the world, and wild caves (the ice caves are my favorite), and I have yet to see an abandoned mine.  No shortage of tasks and goals and targets for future raids.

1030pm visit.  Went into a few more dimensional doors.  I think I have a pretty good system for these now.  Bring a bucket of water in case the TNT drops in the hallway of chests trap.  Bring some rift signatures, so when I find a stable, quiet room of any interest, I can rclick to get the dimension id, and then when I'm back home in my pocket dimension I can add a portal back to that spot, expanding my pocket dimension into a series of dimensional hubs and hangouts.  Technically, if I exhaust every avenue leading out from a hub, I could remove the rift and pretend it never happened.  Also need to bring a spare warp door or two, in case th wooden door pops off behind me when I enter a new dimension.  I try to keep a scratchpad (actual paper) for sorting out the network.  I need to nickname more of the dimensions as I see them.  I know the secrets and traps of most of those dungeon segments.  Haven't figured out the one with the obsidian walls in the long hallway that closes in around you -- I tried chopping into the ceiling to avoid it, but hit lava ... had to duck back through the doorway and mark that door with a red carpet.  Baaad.

Midnight trip.  I ran into a really weird TNT trap, dumped my water bucket ... but the hall in front of me slammed shut and when I turned around there was a TNT on each side of the door, my water was nowhere to be seen, and another TNT dropped right on me.

I used a capsule station to grab an intact blacksmith shop, and dropped it into my pocket dimension; and thanks to Murphy's Law, the position I dropped it from put my head right inside the lava.  Quickly had to break a wall and run away, then go back and clean up the mess.  Anyway, my pocket dimension no has that building, surrounded by some grass, a stray sheep, and doors to dim 174 (quiet zone with a few pillars) and dim 78 (floating stone mess).

Boy is it hard to map these dimensional dungeons!  In some dims I can take my time and look around, but in others there's the creepy hum and doom around the corner -- no time to stop and think.  On paper it comes out sketchy, I number things instead of giving them cardinal directions, yuck.

Let's head back to dim 78 (floating stone brick mess).  There is one door on N, S, E and W.  I was exploring North:

78N: incoming door in large stone brick shell, path to stairs leading up to door, chest on right.  Nickname: shell door room.
78N-N: Quiet. little castle-like structure with 3 chiseled brick on top. Nickname: mini castle.  Pyramid up behind doorway, down to chest. No other exits.
Completed.

78E: pressure plate hall, 3 chests behind wall behind pressure plate, one door ahead
78E-E: 4-way split, go N
78E-E-N: maze
    - left, ahead = wooden door, L,R = stairs up.
    - left, left up = L and R
    - left, left up, left = around and down to L, R, ahead.  R = iron door L1

78E-E-N-maze-L1 = quiet dim with two pillars and pit treasure. Nickname: pit treasure room.  Use rift sig, this is DIM 189.  Duck back through door to mark entrance with green carpet.
    Treasure: 7 iron, 8 redstone, 9 string, 5 gunpowder, 5 wheat, 6 cocoa, 5 buckets, 2 saddles, disc, 6 bread, enchanted books (power III, eff II, sharp I, aqua I)
    Right-hand pillar has hidden room with iron door at bottom.  This is 189S.

189S: 4-way.
189SE: peaceful.  grass with pool, water spiraling down into hole.  Never saw this one before.  Nickname: grassy pool.  Rift sig: DIM 196.  Dug down a bit, looks like there are 4-5 layers of gravel then a void.  Don't go in the water. 
    No exits spotted. Path done.
189SS: the 2-TNT by the door trick.  I stayed on the pressure plate, smashed those and put down my water.  Broke through ceiling to make sure there was no TNT up there, nope, none.  Got sent to Limbo before I could experiment more.
    189SSS: floor jaws ... no creepy sounds.  I had time to break down all the pistons and most of the repeaters.  I am replacing broken parts of these mazes with oak wood planks, since I have endless stacks of those.  One door on S.
    189SSSS: quiet room, sand pile, 2 cactuses.  Nickname: sand pile.  The big one has a diamond block under it.  No doors.
    I got greedy in 189SSS on the way back, breaking the redstone circuits.  Got sent to Limbo.  Came out near my sandstone pyramid, so I harvested some of the interior sandstone and tpd home.
189SW: not checked

Back at my pocket dimension, I added a door for dim 189, which comes out down in the treasure pit.  From there I can go up my ladder and down the hole to the other door to keep exploring.


###

10/4/2016 Vanilla 1.10.2 realm

What can I say?  I mined more, found no diamonds.  Harvested and walled off the tree farm around my house.  Found some zombies under the brick village and a creeper blew me up ... so instead of having 24 levels for enchants, I got back up to 10.  Texted to see if Andy would be logging in to play, but he was away from the computer.

Their plan is to go to survival mode on Dec 1, after building their castles and towns.  They have already stockpiled about a half dozen each of uber-enchanted sets of diamond armor and diamond tools.  Even in Hexxit they would be overpowered.  There are really no mobs on Vanilla that are worth worrying that much about.  Sure, the new haunted house encounter and llamas are coming soon.  Maybe the wither would wear down one set of armor.

Comments

Popular Posts