FTB: nether spasms

So far on our FTB world, the Nether has been a bust.  A pain in the rump.  The first gate spawned on a tiny soul sand island wayyyy above a lava sea.  It took several trips for me to replace the soul sand with stone brick (while ghasts were trying to blow me away), and make a fortified spot out of it, with a fenced stairway up to a little spit of netherrack that was hanging down from the ceiling.

From there I made my way down from the ceiling of the world to the lava shore, made a small fortified room there.  Went further thru the ceiling to build an Upper Fort.  Had one good run outside where I went about 150 blocks and found 4 stacks of pyrite.  All that time the pigmen were calm.  Then one guy came up to me and picked a fight, and they've been out for blood ever since.  Every trip I have to seal myself into a tunnel or room or they drop down or pop around corners (some of them in armor) and just bash me.  Died a few times.  But I did manage to setup one strongroom with Mystcraft book links back home.

Now, I really needed a few magma creams to make a blast furnace.  On 10 trips I never got up close to a magma cube.  Heard em a few times, couldn't survive long enough to catch one.  Anyway, I found that running a stack of redstone thru the industrial centrifuge will output ONE endereye dust plus a heap of useful things.  So, 16 stacks of redstone -> 16 endereye dust -> 8 blaze powder (and other products).  BUT of course, that only makes 32 blast furnace bricks where you actually need 34 to finish the blast furnace.  Blast!

I tried running 800 blocks north and planting a new portal, but it came out in the same crappy portal on the Nether side!  I spent one more night down there.  Saw a magma cube in the distance, shot it with arrow, waited about 10 minutes for it to plop down onto the stone roof over my head ... cut a hole in the roof and it dropped down on me.  Whack whack.  Got my magma cream finally.

Finished the blast furnace.  Now I can make steel for my Railcraft rock crushed -- I've never had one to play with before.  Quite the never-ending progression of toys.

Comments

Popular Posts