New tutorials - odd gadgets

I posted two new tutorial videos about lesser-known machines and gadgets in the Feed the Beast modpack.

From Thermal Expansion, I show how to make and use the Redstone Energy Cell here.
This item can store up to 500,000 MJ of Buildcraft power.  I show how to make it and get power in and out of it.  What I forgot to show was: you can break it with a wrench (shift-click) to carry it with you and place it anywhere you need power.

And from GregTech, I cover the Rock Cutter and Lithium Batpack here.
The Rock Cutter is a Silk Touch III mining tool.  Forget trying to enchant pickaxes over and over again, hoping to get Silk Touch.  This tool takes just 3 diamonds, 2 pieces of steel, an RE battery and an Electronic Circuit (or equivalent item).  It will draw power from a batpack or lappack, and you can get ore blocks instead of  dropped items.  Even with a Fortune III pick, you may only get 6 redstone per block ... with silk touch you get the whole block: throw it in a Rock Crusher (Railcraft) for 10 redstone.  I think you'll get a kick out of my little mining adventure in this video.  I get just the ores I need for a good demo, and almost get a lava hairdo.



Comments

Popular Posts