FTB sample session 1/5/13

Had a scare this week where out FTBBETAA modpack vanished from the list of modpacks available on the FTB launcher.  If they ever drop that modpack, all our worlds will vanish!  Anyway, after a manual update of the launcher, the modpack was back.  Only to find out our server IP changed.   Anyway, the world is back.

Last night I recorded a 4-part hour long "history of the world" video series.  After which the following will have more of a context:

Here's a sample game session ... funny how it's mostly chores and running around like a nut!

Moved the Railcraft Rock Crusher out of my tutorial hall into new space made in the Railcraft cave.  Looks good thunking away next to the coke oven and blast furnace.  Rename the tutorial hall to "Steve's Cart lab", research that mod's recipes, start building things!   Made one wooden cart with cheap drill & tiny coal engine (kinda useless) (of course I don't have any tracks going anywhere yet).  Made standard hull, started on some add-ons; complex process.  Started setting up autocrafting tables with blueprints for all the basic parts.

Quick 20-min run to Twilight Forest, mine deep under naga fort with mining laser.   Last week I installed two obsidian/cobble pipes that run up to chests in small surface buildings, so i can stay down there a long time and only bring home the best stuff.  Probably sent up 15 stacks of cobble & common stuff.  About 150 ores, lapis, redstone, no diamonds.  Some kobolds got in somehow.

Reached level 30, made new diamond pickaxe, ran up wizard tower to enchant it: get level 30: Efficiency IV, fortune III.  First time I got to test it, hit 4 diamond blocks, got 9 diamonds.

Quick 20-min run to mine at end of tunnel back to my first house.  With mining laser (a miner's best pal).  Dropped off about 8 stacks of cheap stuff in my Crates under house.  9 diamonds, 2 tin ore, 29 copper ore, 8 silver ore, 10 lead ore, 34 iron ore, 128 redstone, 1 uranium, 55 coal, 4 monazit ore.  Note, I use a cheap iron pick for almost all digging, only use my fortune diamond pickaxe for the
best items.  Fortune enchantment does not seem to get bonuses from any blocks added by other mods.

Recharge my mining laser.  My crates up top have 477 pyrite dust (I just dropped 64 in the industrial centrifuge for iron), 214 sulfur dust (no real need for it, only good for making gunpowder?), 661 rubber, 805 redstone.  Wish I could get ALL items into a single stash, but hey, if one stash blows up or gets corrupted, I have others.  Trouble is, I really only need a few rare items to make the next set of gadgets I want.  Mostly nether stuff, when every nether trip has been a disaster i'm not in the mood to repeat.  And for every item I really need I get about 100 that just get stockpiled.

Recharged my mining laser.  Another quick run down to lowest mines.  12 minutes, got lost a bit going back up.  180 redstone (the fortune III pick routinely drops 7-8 redstone per shot), ores (6 gold, 18 iron, 3 silver, 14 tin), 2 obsidian, 5 diamonds, 69 coal, few stacks of junk.

Railcraft room: check coke oven, stack of logs is now 45 charcoal + 10 creosote (move to railroad tie maker); blast furnace (9 steel done for a full stack of 64); rock crusher (14 dirt, 1 diamond from gravel(!); 102 iron dust, 26 tin dust, 6 gold dust).  Dump latest ores in rock crusher, engines were out of peat, add 32.

Drop off metals & materials to new Steve's Carts lab.

Drop off to recycler: 46 apatite, 88 ash, 23 snowballs, 107 snow.

I'm level 27 again, almost time to try enchanting another pickaxe.  I really need a silk touch pick, since so many of these machine can get max output from the ore blocks.

Time for bed, had a long trip up to Redondo Beach today, eyes & body really wiped out.

Comments

Popular Posts