Places: Where the Master Key Takes You Home
260730 Places
It feels like I have just about completed this mod. I have seen all the dimensions and different room designs, all but a few of the items, and more of the corruption than I really want to see. Maybe I should just make the last few keys and the master key, and use the master key to get back to the Overworld. There's a chance that the 0 Portal blocks will go away, but I have shown that I can cross dimensions with Journeymap tp's.
Maybe if I come back with full diamond gear, I can clear out those darn mobs...
Okay, after clearing out a few shulkers, I opened the black shulker which has my quest and end-game materials. I had 3 unbound structure keys, made two more. Go to Alpha, get key, tp to End portal, drop into the End library, get key, run through the wall back to 0 Rooms. Tp to pink door, go through to pink room, get key, get out. Tp to red road portal crash site, get key, raid a few more bridge portals in those tunnels, get two more operator disks, back to 0 Rooms, where I dodged the armor stand to back through the structure bridge portal.
It looks like the Structure Bridge is not one of the keyed dimensions, so I ran back to the 0 Rooms portal. Also not a dimension that the key will respond to. Huh. I wonder what that other key goes to. It's the one that says [0,#] four times. The PlMap on the computer calls that level 0 and shows it has exits to the other four dimensions. Well, after a long search, that last key is called level_key_0_ridge, so off to the Ridge I go. YES, that works, holding down the key at the bridge portal tower at the intersections of the 2000-block gaps in the world.
I stepped through into the bridge portal, then found the nearest crack full of structure crystals. Spent a while building stone slab pathways down there, then breaking crystals out over the void. Got 62 of them. More than enough to dupe my 5 keys.
Duped them, then, since I was standing next to the portal to the End library, I duped that key again and activated the portal. Now, it's time to log out and make a world backup, in case I can't get back after using that master key to escape! Wow, the Zip file is 1.4GB. I can guess that the biggest folders are the saves folders (all the chunks in every dim) and the Journeymap tiles folders (all the little PNG that fit together into the Journeymap views). Sure enough, the Journeymap folder is 1 gig (2214 png files) all by itself. The saves were another whole gig. So much to explore in there ...
I used the master key and dropped back into the Overworld.
I found the original tiny ruined house with the yellow door downstairs, and inside the door was a black space, no longer the shifting yellow portal. So I figured the mod removed the portal blocks from the Overworld and there would be no way to get back to the Places dimensions. In fact, I could Journeymap back to all of my 60+ waypoints in those dimensions, but more importantly, you can still go through that original yellow door to get to the Starting Room in the 0 Rooms dimension.
I finished all the experiments and tests that I wanted to do tonight. Will try something new tomorrow...
#






Comments
Post a Comment