Places: Attempted Upgrade and Tasty Achievements

260729 Places


At the end of the night, I looked for config options for the Places mod, and the config files only had a few lines of useless stuff in them.  The #1 option I wanted was some way to set the corruption speed, so the world might live longer.  Although, I suppose we can just keep moving 1000 blocks away from center and starting fresh for a week or two before that area also goes black and purple.  Why create all this fun variety only to let it fade away?

It looks like the author (ShaiTheLamb) has moved Places off of Curseforge after v0.4.4, the version I've got.  It goes up to 0.4.9 over on Modrinth:

The same modder also created EchoVoids, an End overhaul, so I grabbed that, too.

And the music was composed by LudoCrypt, who can be found on Bandcamp.

I cloned a new pack in MultiMC but could not load my old save.  Errors, don you want to load in safe mode?  Not really but ok.  Still won't load, "corrupted save data."  So, back to the original world.

Yesterday's world is fine.  Out of curiosity, I flew out to -2000,-2000 and the chasms do seem to form a 2000-wide grid.  At the corner is an isolated tower with a small Structure Bridge portal.  This would be crucial later on.



On the way back, I crossed through the Huge Rooms again and found a sculpture of a hand, and in another corner a "cardboard box" made of other blocks.  Inside was a range of cardboard and tape blocks, and the huge wallpaper pattern.  Boy, finding all the patterns is going to be a challenge if they're hidden this well.

I have completed every advancement except the patterns (3 of 8), the candy (11 of 17) and the sodas (4 of 17), all the keys (2 of 5) and the master key. I'll get there eventually.

On the trip back to base, I dropped in on that corruption put where  I made stairs down last night, and the mobs had all despawned.  After that, I found that the pit in the brown carpet hallway has a candle over a barrel of 52 more candles, and there's a vent cover where I finally figured out how to get into the vents (you have to hit yourself over the head with it) ... leading to a room with trash or trash bags on every block.

I found another pattern on an item frame in a very ordinary looking room that had a few shelves.  Nothing special.  Back to base, to sort out the shulkers.


After dinner & side projects:

I wandered around a bit and cleaned up some errot (creative mode environmental safety run).  I went back to the huge rooms and fought the menger stalker.  You can hit it with arrows from around corners, but I still died three times and had to cheat in a second stack of arrows.  Those 500HP do take a while.  It dropped nothing.



I messed around with backshrooms again to get the trippy screenshots that I forgot to get when Anne was here.  



Stopped by another mall, and it looks like every vending machine has the same goods.  I bought two candy bars I don't think I've seen before: cookies & cream and chlorine gas (which was a poisonous cloud of course), the drank a Dune soda to heal and it was instadeath "suffocated in a wall," and when I respawned there was a piece of sand dropped.  The Energy Drink soda gives Haste and Speed for 2:00. Golden soda gives Haste and Jump Boost II for 0:45. Fun items, but a bit of a crap shoot of effects.

Advancements: "Iron Stomach" (Candy) 15/17, "Interior Designer" (Wallpaper Patterns, 4/8), "Iron Stomach (again?) = 14/17 Sodas.  The problem is not knowing which ones have not been consumed yet.

Night...



#

Comments

Popular Posts