Places: Taste the Rainbow & My Personal Grid

260728 Places


I left off where I got a key to the Alpha world, so now I'm back in 0 Rooms, walking back to the structure bridge.  On the way is the big Girder Room, the one with the stack of I-Beams on the floor.  There's a stack of cardboard boxes in one corner hiding a shulker box with about a stack of caution tape and signs.


I have to say, that is an exceptional room design.  And every one of those new blocks is craftable.

I put up some signs to show the path from Starting Room to Girder Room to Bridge Portal, then went through the portal with my alpha key and lit up the Alpha Portal.  Tp'd back to 0 Portal and back to the rooms.  I tried laying down some signs to get from the Starter Room to the Mall, but there are so many twists and turns and ups and downs it defies any sensible marking.  Or it will take hundred of signs, or blocking off dozens of dead ends ...

I got the Taste the Rainbow achievement for finding the last color crayon I needed (gray) and eating it.  Yum.

Sorted some shulkers into barrels.  I stopped at a few small patches of corruption, hopped into creative and beat them out of existence, replacing with stone slabs.  It's annoying how far the larger chunks of corruption have spread.  I don't want this world to just dissolve away.  Isn't there an item that can make it retreat?

--A/AB-/AA- (plastic, debug item) = "tool", aka, multitool_r, tooltip says it has silk touch by default.  

I got 11 of 17 of the candy bars.  That's a silly quest.  Looking at other objectives, making your own "personal grid" requires ABA/BCB/ABA (debug item, checkered tile, structure shard block).  If you don't have checkered tiles, they can be made from quartz blocks & polished blackstone.  I remembered seeing checkered blocks ... somewhere.  It turns out they are up on the wall in the debug cube, along with the quartz and blackstone neeed to make more of them.

I  made a personal grid after that.  R-clicked with it = nothing.  Put it down and r-click it and sure enough, it's a whole pocket dimension of checkered tiles, with a pearlescent froglight for illumination and other odd blocks, with two little couches you can sit on (quartz and blackstone, of course).  So, it's a pocket dimension for all your personal storage ... sweet.  The box around it is made of white sky blocks, along with dark white sky blocks and darker white sky blocks.  There's a narrow walkway (incomplete) to the walls, ending at odd blocks called "unbreakable personal grid."  You r-click those to return to wherever you came from.

That's a great feature.  I left two shulkers full of junk in there and made stone slab steps down to the floor to look around.  I think I heard crickets down there.

Yes, JourneyMap can teleport across dimensions.  From that debug cube on the Structure Bridge I was able to tp directly back to my Barrel Room Base, even though it showed as crossed out.

Taking a break.  


#



Comments

Popular Posts