Places: Unbound Keys and Operator Floppies
260727 Places, part 2
2016: Back at 0 Rooms, I ran down into the pit of corruption and placed the debugger plus redstone torch. It looked like all the error mobs disappeared within about 20 blocks, but there were still mobs on the other side of that big chamber. In the cardboard room with the small patch of corruption, it looks like it prevented more mobs from spawning, but I really wanted to see the corruption itself die back.
I guess the end game is to make unbound keys:
-A-/-B-/BCB (error item, structure crystal, debug item) = unbound key
You can hold down the key in a dimension to bind the key to that spot. Well, this key can bind to a door. Craft with an Operator Floppy (it better not use up this super rare item!) to get an unbound structure key. Yeah, it took the floppy. I went to use the key in my storage room, but I guess the Backrooms dimension doesn't need a key -- it's portal on the Structure bridge is active by default. So I went to the red dimension, used the key, back to the structure bridge and activated the portal to the Red Roads.
It feels like the last thing to do (since the world cannot be saved from total corruption) is to at least visit the Ridge. That's the vertical gash through the world at -2000z. A youtuber said that the halls are all white and better preserved on the other side ... but I just looked around and it's the same yellow crap walls.
I checked to see if there is also a Ridge at +2000z and yes, there is. I saw a cable and pole walkway going across and started walking. The first few blocks were solid but then I fell into the void and ... ended up back in the starting room. I went back to see if maybe that's the side with the whiter, cleaner world, but it was not.
Doh! As I was shutting down I remembered that the Operator Floppy came from a file cabinet next to the structure bridge portal, and a quick trip to the next one on the map did net me another floppy, which would make another key. Now, how about those structure bridge portals in the rooms in the sides of the tunnels in the Red Roads dim?
Sure enough, one file cabinet, another Operator floppy. Another. Aww, the third one did not have a floppy, but I'm sure there are more of them out in the world.
I hopped around and made the key to the Alpha dim. Only the pink dim and the End dim would be left to activate one of each portal on the Structure Bridge. Then one more of each key to make the super key to get back toe the Overworld. I saw someone do that and go back to the original Backrooms door and have the portal blocks be gone. If I do that, there would be no way to get back ... unless this version of Journeymap lets me warp to waypoints in other dimensions. Hmm. I pretty sure I accidentally did that once or twice.
Then I wonder if a Nether portal will work from any of these dimensions...
Oww my brain.






Comments
Post a Comment