Places: From Error Pit to Structure Bridge

260727 Places, part 1

Last night I was trying to figure out how to continue from here.  I can't go down to the pit full of error mobs, since just touching the floor will Wither me.  I was trying to think of a block I could use to maybe build a stairway for them to climb up into a fight box.  Stone slabs?

Yes, I saw there were stone slabs by all the computer desks and saw corruption eat up all the cardboard and carpet tiles, but not those.  Is it Overworld blocks that the errot can't spread to?  I cheated a quick bit in creative where I built stone slab stairs down into that pit of corruption.  Some guys started climbing up to me, so I switched to survival ... and got sniped right off the stairs to my purple death right away.  So I added cobblestone walls so I don't get knocked off my own stairs.  Now the buggers come up the stairs a few per minute and I can fight them in the ugly hallway upstairs.  I got 19 error items so far, only died 3 times.



That's still going to take a loooong time to get the stacks of items I think I will need.  But at least I didn't just cheat myself a stack of the things.  I worked the problem in my head, came up with a risky solution and built it out.  Now I wonder if the mod has any items to counteract the wither effect.  I would also be great to have some kind of item magnet so the drops don't lay on the floor out of reach.

One obvious pick to help control this stuff is the debugger block, which says if activated with redstone it clears errot from an area.  How large an area, though?

ABA/CDC/ABA (structure shard, debug item, copper wire, debug packet) = debugger

Now, 9 error items = an error packet.  Put that next to the green enderguy on the Structure Bridge to get a debug packet, which splits into 9 debug items.

A similar item is the pocket grid:

ABA/BCB/ABA (error item, checkered tile, structure shard block (9 structure shards)) = pocket grid




1940: On the Structure Bridge, I built down into one of those gaps with slabs and got 26 structure crystals, dropping about 10 into the void.

1945: I stopped at one of the big purple/pink cubes and spent a while breaking through the outer blocks.  Inside is a weird assortment of wire, cable, resistor blocks and other stuff that I think is cosmetic only.  But at the center is a structure shard block.  The cube next to it was completely different inside: still had cables and resistor blocks, but with a black shulker box in the center containing even more weird parts.

I found the green/white "debug station" and put down my two error blocks.  Ding!  The green enderguy changed them to debug blocks.


#

Comments

Popular Posts