FTB Ultimate - xy, tesseracts & bees

3/26/2017 FTB Ultimate play world

Quick visit.  Made two craftpacket stampers (one for good luck), then a diamond block, plus 4 TNT and 4 obsidian makes the craftpacket for (POOF) 18 diamond shards.  Dropped a stack of iron ore in grinder/smelter and a stack of iron in compressor.  7 iron blocks.  Make a wrath igniter (diamond shard + nether brick).  Setup those 7 iron blocks over one of the ponds nearby, ignite.  7 dark iron blocks, no unexpected fires.  Converts into 28 dark iron ingots.  Neat process.

So, a router takes 6 dark iron, an ender pearl, an egg, and an eye of ender.  I brought in 2 stacks of pearls from the mob drops chest outside.  Programmed an ME pattern, made my first 3 routers.  Dropped them and the wrath igniter in the chest in my tiny factorization lab (2nd floor of smeltery -- I'm planning on moving and expanding it).  Added a furnace heater and crystallizer.  Made 8 inverium drops, start on those logic matrix things.

Grabbed a few xy fabricators from the old old work tunnels.  Setup a way to make extractors: a chest of oak planks, fabricator for treetaps, fabricator for extractors.  Usually a pain since the treetaps don't stack.  Now, keeping a few machine blocks and circuits in the inventory of the first fabricator, I can just add oak planks to the chest and get extractors in one step.  Or take out the circuit to make some treetaps.

I have some crazy plans in mind.  Now, I don't have endless hours for this, so I will take some liberties.  I think it's fair to trade a stack of iron for 6 generators, for example.  Even with the ME network, it would probably get stuck on some sub-part. 

Quick experiment on the test world.  Ender Chests.  Duh.

I tried naming a pair on the anvil.  It works at first.  The name appears in inventory, and those two chests with the same name DO connect to each other.  But the UI still just says Ender Chest.  I'd like to see the name I chose -- "To Generator" -- so I know where my stuff is going.  Yeah, I can stick a sign next to it, but that kinda defeats the purpose of naming it.  And, if I pick up the chest the name in inventory is "Ender Chest" with a black line of empty text beneath.  Glitchy.  Stick to color codes (white-red-white) and a sign.  Done.  The recipes aren't that bad:
Blaze wool Blaze / Obs chest Obs / Blaze pearl Blaze = ender chest, and the same with a cauldron in the middle for an ender tank.
Wayyyy easier to make than tesseracts.  ;-)

Back to play world, code patterns for ender tank and ender chest, make two of each.  Running low on some supplies here!

This should help get rid of a lot of pipes.  Each big liquid tank would have an input ender tank and an output ender tank, probably color coded with the middle dot for input and right dot for output.  Biggest need will be for mob essence, since I want to build a few specific spawner/grinders.

I would still need tesseracts for energy.  Each source could beam power to the power station, and run wires from there to substations on some regular grid to provide power to any new lot that needs it.

Make two tesseract frames, fill em.  Encode a pattern for energy tesseracts, make two.  Aww hell, energy tesseracts are for MJ power only.  Duh!  Turns out I already have a channel called "BC out", so there's probably an MV-to-MJ converter right under my power station for that.  So, I wouldn't need power converters at every lab that needs MJ.

Oh cool, I had 8 logic matrix programmers in the ME network.  Only really need one, since they can be cloned.  Move one to factorization chest.  They don't stack so save the slots.  First logiic matrix done in the crystallizer.  The water bottle is not used up.  But it can only make one per 6-minute cycle.  Ugh.  Let it run.

Okay, very cool build here.  New generator stack on 2nd floor ... (G)enerators, (B)arrels, (R)outer and (E)nder Chest:

GBGBGE <-- (white-red-white)
GBGBG(pipe)
GBGBGR -> router (machine filter) set to send to bottom of all generators. 

Argh, as much as I like the ME network for storage, I don't really like it for crafting.  So, I set up a few things in the mostly empty blutricity lab: ender chest next to the ME monitor to send stuff to generators; an automat for ender chests & tanks (just add materials, flip switch when needed).

Moved my coke oven onto a platform behind recycling lab.  The platform has a 5x5x5 xy tank under it, and room for 4 coke ovens.  I dropped supplies in the chest, and threw some stacks of clay in a furnace.  Ultimately, will supply creosote for fermenter amplifier and send coal coke directly to generators.

-- went out to see some live music at a winery --

Quick visit.  Ran some lava cubes and blazes in my double spawner/grinder.  Some wiring and power issues so I installed one generator for each spawner/grinder pair.  Got 16 blaze rods upstairs in the mob drops chest.  Made two new ender chests (white-purple-white), hooked one up under the ME network as my primary "send to home base" link ... from there, super common items are sorted into deep storage units and the rest go to a chest with an ME import bus, so they show up on the network.  I went for a quick mining run.  Sure enough, I can drop my other white-purple-white chest anywhere and go mining, and send the items directly back to base so I never run out of carrying room.  I can also go to old stashes and send all that stuff to the main network.  Thumbs up!

Things are really coming together now.  I have about 12 new labs planned out in my head.  Including router-powered arrays of extractors, pulverizers, centrifuges.  Fun stuff.  I may use the abandoned tunnels for some projects like a xycraft lab ... I originally used mining turtles to dig out about 6 levels of 6x5x30 tunnels.  So much space down there.  Except that I like the city way of organizing things.

One thing that has been bugging me is that the wooden waterproof pipes hooked to the valves of the xycraft tanks always seem to flipflop upon reloading the world, so I have been unable to truly automate the biomass into the two stills or the oil into the one refinery, and I was going to setup a lava tank connection to make obsidian.  Half the time I have to break the pipes and put them back, and redo the autarchic gates, and break the refinery that had fuel backflooded into it.  I will redo those with a little more space.  Maybe a liquid transposer, where I can transfer 64 cans of liquids at a time.

-- 10pm work break: code code code --

Added two more coke ovens over that big tank.  Throw more clay in the furnace.  Ugraded the oil-to-fuel setup with a liquid transposer and a stack of cans.  Could not fix the biomass-to-biofuel setup, for some reason the liquid transposer would not empty biomass cells.  IC2 crops: more weeds, plant more wheat to mix with reeds.  Bees: 53 combs to harvest.

11) unweary/dil p + 2 dil* d + dil/cult d + 2c.  going for pure unweary here ...
12) common/ancient p + ancient* d + ancient/common d + 3c.  hmm
13) ancient* p + 3d + c. rerun.
14) common/noble p + common/cult d + common/dil d.
15) ancient* p + 3d + c. rerun.
some odd mixes there.
thin out the drones from 1-10) 41 cult, 36 majestic, 16 noble, 22 ancient, 35 marbled.
visit jungle & marsh bees: 10 silky, 12 mossy, 10 wet comb.  Drones: 44 marshy, 42 water.
Centrifuge spoils: 68 wax, 94 honey drop, 19 honey dew, 7 propolis, 10 watery propolis, 6 silky propolis (2 wisps).

Tanks: 145b essence, 0 lava, 206 fuel, 679 oil, 464 biofuel, 4 biomass (throw 2 stacks of saplings in fermenters), honey 26, seed oil 6.8.

Biomass up to 94b.  Since there were 5 blocks between the bee lab and the essence tank, I started a new road out there beyond the wall: Spawner Way.

-- midnight break, PB&J --

I'm annoyed by all the messy tunnels and wiring below my town.  At some point I want to run some 3x3x3 utility tunnels, maybe with a junction every 20-30 blocks.  And proper hookups to the correct power source under each building.

Made two industrial centrifuges using my two new extractors and some steel casings.  Dropped em into my new rubber/plastic lab. The two optimum recipes are:
[Centrif] 16 rubber wood + 5 [] = 8 resin + 6 plantballs + CH4[] + 4 C[].  No real use for carbon cells, but there's an extractor right there to empty them.
[Centrif] 4 resin = 14 rubber + plantball (0.4b biomass each) + compressed plantball (0.5b biomass each)
I do have to manually replant the trees, but I hooked up the harvester to my underground power network.  Still, half an hour working in there and I made about 200 rubber and 100 plastic manually, plus about 30 plants/compr.plants for biomass.

Started a quick frame for my first spawner/grinder on spawner way.  Will pillar up 4, then make a 9x9 plantform with 7x7 walls around the 5x5 effective radius; power in, essence in and out.

Check power systems.  7.2/18MEU in LESU, 19 UU matter done (turn off), main MFSU 10 MEU, backup 4.2 MEU.

Made 7 more iron blocks, ignited them ... only got 4 dark iron blocks this time??  Maybe I shouldn't do it in the rain?  Really, I saw 7 blocks and even harvested the with silk touch.  Weird.

24 more bee combs.  Fight more weeds in IC2 crops, from now on I will just break the weeds and plant seed bags rather than another crossbreed stick right away.  0120 bedtime.

##

3/27/2017 FTB Ultimate play world

I widened my main street tunnel to 3x3 with road overhead as a guide, all the way to the old tunnel entrance; then ran it out along valley parkway in each direction, then marked the junction of main street, east way and west way.  Tpd to lava caves and moved the pump.  Did a quick mining run with my ender chest, but I'm totally out of diamonds.

Fun little build on a project table, saving plans each step of the way:
    - conveyor module ( RE-Battry, 3 Glass, 2 Elec Circuit, 3 RI Plate)
    - large electric buffer (3 conveyor modules, 2 adv circuits, 4 El plate)
    (split that into 8 small buffer by hand)
    - electric item clearer (RE-Battery, steel machine hull, elec circuit, small electric buffer, sticky piston, 4 El plate)
    - SCRAPBOXINATOR (yay!) (electric item clearer, steel machine hull, elec circuit, pressure plate, dispenser, 4 El plate)
It's nice that the plans list the items you need, and the project table itself highlights missing item in red.
Quite a process, but this will let me clear up and expand my recycling center big time.  The Scrapboxinator will replace the packager, pipes, dispenser, timer, conveyor belt, item collector and more pipes. 

Hooked up the scrapboxinator.  Took some juggling.  You can feed scrap in through three sides, but the red side will auto-output to a chest.  Moved the sort pipes, moved the power lines.  Added a chest for food items upstairs, again filtering the sticks and wooden junk to the ender chest to the Generator Room.  Quite neat.  GT items in the digital chest: 2 adv circuit parts, machine parts, 3 basic circuit boards, advanced circuit board -- each of those is worth a few electrum and/or circuits.  Those are the real gems of the whole process.  Speaking of gems, though ... (drumroll please) ... there are 3 red garnet and 2 yellow garnet in there.  Rare resources, one of the few sources of manganese (red) (oh heck it's not used for anything) and chrome (yellow) (only other source is ruby).  Might as well check the free dusts while I'm here ... 3 sodalite, 4 obsidian, 13 flint, 4 coal, 8 charcoal, 9 Sn, 4 S, 2 Au, 4 lazurite, 6 KNO3, 15 netherrack, 2 brass, 3 pyrite, 5 El, 6 steel, 2 Al, Ti, 4 CaCO3, Ni, Fe.  Good haul.

-- work --

Wrote up a few item life cycles, my old file seems out of date, keeps referring to Chisel and TInker's COnstruct mods which are NOT in this modpack.

Anyway, I captured plans for making Compressors, ran some stacks of metals, made a bunch of parts in the ME Crafter.  Cleared out the pipes lab -- that was just silly, they should all be in the ME Network -- will put arrays of 6 extractors and 6 compressors up there, with routers for easy in/out. 

-- work, so much code --

[1947] Of course, the routers and their upgrades are pretty darn tedious to make.  So ... 10 more iron blocks torched, got 9 dark iron blocks.  Setup a project table near the crystallizer ... plans:
    - logic matrix programmer = logic matrix programmer, dark iron ingot, logic matrix
    - logic matrix identifier = logic matrix programmer, spider eye, logic matrix
    - item filter = 4 dark iron, redstone torch, logic matrix identifier, chest, 2 gold
    - machine filter = 4 dark iron, redstone torch, logic matrix identifier, book, 2 silver
    - throughness = 4 dark iron, 5 soul sand
    - {ejector = 4 dark iron, 2 cobble, pressure plate, oak plank, piston} (set it up later)

Used minimum stone + stack of gold to make 16 diamonds.
I setup spaces for 6 compressors and 6 extractors upstairs from the hardly-ever-used sawmill.  Blocked out the pattern with dirt and basalt blocks:

MRMC
MHM
MRM = (M)achines, (H)opper, (C)hest and (R)outers
Bottom router (Machine filter) to insert into tops, top router to remove from machine sides, pipe out and around to chest.
Well, heck I feel like going mining with my little ender chest.

Found 10 diamond ores down there.  Silk touch, run em through grinders, 25 diamonds exactly.  Also, made an iron mortar, crafted it with a stack of coal in my hand and got a stack of hydrated coal dust and one iron dust leftover.  Nice quick start to the long coalfuel process.

Threw half stacks of pearls, redstone, iron onto the assembly table, and the 27 gates from the chest next to it.

11) run common/ancient + ancient*
12) run unweary/dil + dil* = unweary queen
64 combs + 22 from jungle bees.

Created a computer and computer controlled crafter and copied my programs over from my experimental world.
Expanded the area under the ME hub, more room for cables and work areas.
Made a pair of ender tanks (white-black-white), hooked up one to the sludge boiler input pipe, so now I can carry the other one around and quickly clear all the sludge from various harvesters.

I tried to automate the route from the MFR rubber tree harvester around and under the road to a router in the corner of the building, but it still occasionally spits things out -- receiving items too quickly I guess.  I tried spacing them out with a hopper, but then had to pull out of the chest under the hopper and the energy pulse stuck the items together again.  A hopper directly into the router might do it; those have a pretty steady pulse.

##

Comments

Popular Posts