Overgrowth 1.10.2: New Town of Argyle Lakes

231130

Overgrowth 1.10.2


I did exactly the build I thought about in the last post, except that the lava pool was in between those lakes, so it's one big settlement of Argyle Lakes.  And I added a Prefab Fish Pond for even more watery places to build around.  I covered over the lava pool but left a small glass window to reminf me that it's there.  I spawned that mob grinder (Prefab mod calls it a Monster Masher) but it was facing the wrong way, so I just moved the door; later on I will add 4 diamond spikes and a vacuum chest like the one back in Vee City.  It took a while to get all the materials to make that item, plus the Villager Houses item.  I ran out of glowstone and went and made some Tier 3 glowstone seeds, only to remember after that I had a bunch of glowstone chickens over in Midvale and sure enough, there were 2 stacks of glowstone dust in the chests there.  I dropped two villager houses and jazzed them up a bit with local materials.  I added stairs down into the end of the main ravine, which has some side branches deep down inside, so that's going to be a source of materials for a long time.

I planted some oak trees and harvested them a few times to get more wooden fences to capture more areas from the untamed wilds.  I envisioned some more elaborate type of wall, but I only did two-high stone brick in the corners and around the fence gates, alternating inside-outside-inside the fence line, not sure why.  It looks okay around the fence gates but not that interesting overall.  I like the expandability of the one-high walls or fences, but do want to try some two-high or three-high pattern of solid blocks around the periphery this time.

I don't know why no slimes are spawning in this biome, but that's a nice relief since some parts of the world are just crawling with those things.  The Slime Compendium mod that spawns them seemed like it would be fun early on, but the spawn rate for common slimes is too high, making them a bit of a plague, and they only produces a few materials in the end.

I meant to add a waypoint and a page in my ender book so I don't have to tp to Highland Valley and run 300 blocks to get here ... but guess what I forgot to do.  I remembered it as soon as I laid down for the night.  Next time.


Comments

Popular Posts