Overgrowth 1.10.2: Lakeside Expansions

231211 Overgrowth 1.10.2

I didn't get on until after 10pm, but there was time for a quick run.  I grabbed the auto fishing net and some chests from Vee City, then walked out to Lakeside.  The main capacitor bank was only half full so I dropped some weak enchanted items (from fishing) into one generator and a stack of bones into the death generator.  I saw that the death generator (Extra Utilities mod) gave off red particles, and like a dope I stepped into them to see what they would do.  I got a message saying "The specter of death is coming in 60 seconds."  I figured that would be some kind of mob, so I went out in the street to face it, only to die at the end of the countdown and have my stuff thrown all over the street.  Note to self: stay out of that cloud next time.  Maybe a drink of milk would have killed the effect in time.  Now I know.

I stopped at Midvale to breed a few chickens.  Still no slime chicken, but I put my two blaze rod chicks in with a saltpeter and a bone white adult, and from there I should be able to make more of them and possibly basalz rod and ghast tear chickens.  There are sooooo many of these guys that I don't need anymore.  At some point I need to go hack through the pens and get back down to two of each type.  Even then, most of those have already been staged to different places around the world and I don't need the original stock.  I suppose I should update the menu for the little restaurant next door to have all chicken dinners, since I have a few stacks of carcasses for them to grill up.

I got two stacks of cobble slabs and finished the road out past the Prefab tree farm, all the way to Argyle village.  I put up proper signs to the further villages at the main intersection so I can stop going the wrong way.  Fought a lot of those annoying slimes and only now noticed you can turn 4 of their drops into actual slime blocks, which might make good minor accents on a wall somewhere.

At Lakeside, I put down the fishing net and used conduits to pipe the goods into the long house, as planned.  It will need more chests at some point.  I do want to set up some generators and a capacitor bank to begin powering up the tech.  I want the town to be mostly Forestry, but with a place to charge up power cells, as that mod's power solutions are archaic.  Overall goal is to get about 10 apiaries and the centrifuges and other Forestry machines to support them.  Other than that, I ran the mob grinder for a while and sorted and labelled some of the chests, as the loot bag opener chest had already overflowed.




231212 Overgrowth 1.10.2


Quick brainstorm of some things to do in Lakeside ...


Main lab:

- remove lava block, push out back & side walls by one

New lineup on back wall will be

- generators: lava, disenchant, furnace, culinary

- then 3-high capacitor bank

- then the EnderIO machines: stack 2 SAG Mills, stack 2 alloy smelters

- in the floor: worktables for EnderIO basic machines & capacitors


Idea is to convert lava eggs to lava buckets, put in tank above lava generator for power.

Also use enchanted junk from nearby fishing net for power.  Would an enchanter use more power than the results would generate?

Then we can use coal and junk food for backup.  I wonder how much RF the OP salted foods would generate ... maybe build that at the Salt Lake house.


Main Lab: New 2nd floor for Refined Storage:

- main unit, disk drive, machines needed for more parts & pieces

- crafting monitor downstairs and a wireless access device on item rack somewhere convenient outside: take it down to mine or over to lake for easy tp of items back to base

- worktables for RS block recipes


Over the chasms:

- portal to Deep Dark

- portal to Last Millennium

- start building an unspawnable slab area, future floating city/workspace


Move chickens to an outdoor coop with wood slab roof, one more vacuum chest should handle all those.  Free up those two buildings for more useful stuff.  The building by the apiary should be future comb processing: 3 centrifuges into chests.  Other building will be conduit-crafting with worktables EnderIO decorative blocks.  Materials for making binder + smelt + conduit types.

Comments

Popular Posts