Overgrowth 1.10: Now It's Called Lakeside

12/7/23 Overgrowth 1.10


I did a bunch of building in Argyle Lakes on Tuesday, even renamed it to Lakeside.  A few trees later I had 2 more stacks of fences, so I fenced off another pond and all the way over to the Prefab Fish Pond.  I brought over the lava and obsidian chickens, and they now live at the house over the old lava pool, filling up storage drawers.  I added a loot bag opener to two of the chests by the door of the monster masher, and ran the masher for a while in the background, just piling up more drops.

Wednesday night, I had some aspirin before bed for a crappy headache and of course it kept me up half the night with my head spinning, so I thought up another 20 things to do at Lakeside, even though I knew I'd forget half of them by daybreak.  Some were easy to recall, like bringing over the water and prismarine shard chickens, grab an emerald chicken to breed a prismarine crystal chicken.  And move that OP auto-fishing net from next to my main base in Vee City -- not everything needs to be at that one location -- the wall of storage drawers for fish and maybe burning all those enchanted bows and fishing rods can be a main source of power in this new settlement.

It's a lot more fun to run back and forth between settlements a few hundred blocks apart.  I used the Prefab Villager Houses item to drop a long house on the hill halfway from Lakeside to Highland Valley, and another "Four Chasms Workshop" (blacksmith house) right by the chasm under the brain stone lab cliff.  Which reminded me to pop back to Vee City and bring over the Astral Sorcery workbench and chest -- not that I ever did much with it, but it works best at high altitudes.  Meanwhile, I got my first diamantine chick at HV, brought over the prismarine shard & water chickens to Lakeside as promised, brought two emerald chicks from HV and got my first prismarine crystal chicks.  It's coming along slowly but surely.

My new wide-open playground: Highland Valley is offscreen at left, Lakeside at right edge, two camps between them on that new road.  As viewed from Brain Stone Mtn.


Oddly, I got stuck in a bed and could not escape out or click the Leave Bed button.  I had to "/kill @p" and lose half my xp, but since the bed was my new spawn, I popped back into existence right over my dropped items.  I also stopped at Limestone Ridge to get a stack of bronze for Forestry machines, since I figure the wide open plains around Lakeside are the perfect place for a Forestry research base.  I really haven't touched that old favorite mod yet in this world.  And at Midvale I got my first blaze rod chick.

Comments

Popular Posts