Overgrowth 1.10.2: Restonia Chicken

11/12/2023 Overgrowth 1.10.2


It's getting late after a mostly dull weekend (10pm), so I'm just headed back into my current comfort world to play around for a while.  Spawned in Highland Valley and patched a creeper hole.  I checked my Actually Additions mine (chicken ranch) as saw I had no emeradic chicken.  That will be emerald + diamond, where I only have one diamond chicken on the entire map, so another diamond chicken would be glass + gold.  So I ender-booked back to Midvale to grab a few breeding animals: 1 each of diamond, glass, yellow, cactus green.  Crashed at the dye chicken house.  Brought the new breeds back to Highland, green + diamond = got my first emerald chicken.  glass + yellow = gold, not yet.  I also don't have a restonia chicken yet even though I have been feeding the black quartz + redstone guys for a while.  That's genetics for ya.


2217: Finally got my first restonia chicken.  It will be nice when I have about 4 of each, quietly producing the materials for AA.  It will be a simulated mine and chemistry lab.  Won't have to build the atomic reconstructor and power it and blast the blocks like my main lab back in Vee City does.  Not that I really need a ton of the stuff or have big plans for AA items, it's just an interesting goal.  Maybe someday there will be a tiny house decked out in blocks of each material.


2246: on a quick run to find lily pads to make a path across this little pond, I found a new village dubbed Richland AND I found a swampy area with at least 4 different types of lily pads, one with a flower.  I really love how varied the world is.  I can't dupe any of those lily types with the Plants mod fertilizer blob, so I guess they are going to remain rare.  Back at HV, I did a little Actually Additions stuff: added a coal generator and oil generator as the start of a tech lab, so of course the old jam guy house is now claerly going to be too small for this use.  Chickens: 5 yellow, 3 glass, 4 green, 4 diamond, 1 emerald.  Main pens: 6 palis, 6 black quartz, 7 redstone, 1 restonia, 5 void crystal, 2 iron, 2 enori.  Vacuum chests: 33 void crystal, 31 black quartz, 99 restone, 31 iron, 106 palis, 19 enori.  And between the 2 generators I have 100kRF stored and the system is backlogged.


1110: I got a 2nd restonia chicken and oops, it's emerald + palis to get emeradic and iron + yellow to get gold, so I switched some of those guys around.  It's fascinating how there is never a lack to things to do or tinker with.  I can harvest crops, run some up to the villager trading posts for emeralds, spend some emeralds on fancy wood for future building, come back and check on chickens, feed the Animania livestock, run out exploring, go mining, you name it.  And apparently get zapped by blitzes when I'm not looking.  Then I can hop over to yet another village, choose different town parameters, wall it off, light it up, and have a slightly different place to live for a while.


Comments

Popular Posts