Overgrowth 1.10 Away from the City ... Brain Stone?

11/10/23 Overgrowth 1.10


A few nights this week I was able to login to my Minecraft 1.10.2 Overgrowth world and play around for an hour or two.  My main city areas feel too crowded sometimes, so I wander off to a smaller outpost town or a whole new area of the map and see what I can find.  One of my favorite areas, Midvale, is now so swarming with Chickens mod chickens from my breeding tests that it's annoying going anywhere near the place.  I have been trying to move those buggers out to specific areas to meet the original goal of only using the chickens as hidden factories.  So the flint and coal chickens are in the orc caves, all the dye chickens are in the Dye Chicken House, most of the metal chickens are behind a wall in VeeCity cranking out dusts and ingots into storage drawers in the main tunnel, and a set of gunpowder and sand chickens live under the floor in a small house in VeeCity so I can gstop there to make TNT as needed.  This week I moved all the Actually Additions chickens to Highland Valley (a fairly recent discovery, now a hub of activity) since deciding that the town would only use Actually Additions and Rockhounding tech, though wouldn't you know it they also have functioning apiaries and villagers who trade Forestry stuff, so I guess Forestry is there too.

I saw a little wooden square on the world map while starting a long lonely road from Highland Valley back toward the heart of my kingdom.  It turned out to be another Brain Stone mod dungeon at the top of a tall cliff.  Those are always odd encounters, where you bust through the floor and go down the spiral stairs to a little treasure room.  Somewhere in the walls there must be some pulsating brain stone hidden, since you get buffeted and blasted with potion effects in those tight little places.  This time I got some nasty kind of poison effect I had never seen before for 5 whole minutes, and died.  The chests had a big haul of brain stone armor and tools and duh ... if you put on a piece of that armor you should be immune to those effects.  Anyway, it was a fun little exploration.  I will have to put on that helmet and bust up the place to get the pulsating menace out of there.  While trying to sleep I figured I should call the place Brianna's Brain Stone and move most of my brain stone junk there.  I hardly ever use it, but there are some usable lamps and attractive blocks in that mod.  While I'm down there I should widen the rooms and bust through the walls to exit on the cliff face and build stairs down to my road in the distance.

There are so many weird enchantments where I don't even know what they do, so having an item that hits you with random potion buffs is quite the hazard in this pack.  That's part of the fun of these big mod packs, that even after years of visiting a world there are new things to uncover, and after thinking you're immune to everything, something wacky hits you out of left field.  I had forgotten about the Villager Blocks mod, so I made a villager wand and smacked the two forestry villagers after unlocking all their trades.  Now they are big fat heads sitting next to the escritoire in their custom wood house, ready to sell me about 7 different custom wood types and proven grafters too.  The funny bit with those villager heads is that you can select a trade and then pump items in and pump out the trades.


8pm


I got onto the world and did the upgrade to the brain stone house.  I put on the b.s. armor for immunity and found that pulsating stone two blocks below the regular brain stone on the bottom little room.  Then I mined a 3x3 tunnel about 20 blocks to the open air and put stone brick stairs down the cliff face to ground level, and there was a chasm right there for future exploring.  200 blocks back to Highland Valley from there.  I moved the bulls to a bigger enclosure on the opposite side of town to stop all the breeding.  Even with water and a trough of wheat, they all say Hungry/Thirsty all the time.

I did my usual town organization and survey txt file.  Added a bug fryer to the edible bugs shack - just use 4 seeds to make vegetable oil and 8 iron around vegetable oil for the fryer.  To use the fryer, add bugs and a vegetable oil where coal would normally go in a furnace; one oil cooks about 10 bugs.  Cooked bugs give about 3 shanks of hunger and 12 saturation compared to carrots which give 1-1/2 of each.

Ended the night with a run down into the abandoned mine beneath the oak grove cave beneath Highland Valley town.  Lots of goodies down there ...

Comments

Popular Posts