VeeTech test world - distractions

1/3/2017 my VeeTech world

Some fun stuff.  A world of distractions, though.  I built a rail line most of the way from my Cathedral to the Cayuga Lake village with all my magical crops.  Boy that takes a lot of resources to go 300 blocks, with Railcraft recipes for the tracks.  I practiced in my experimental flat world and got pretty good with item loaders and unloaders.  Technically you could have a cart going in a loop over a large series of item unloaders to act as a sorting network.  Seems like way more work than using buildcraft pipes, but might be less laggy since not every little item has to be rendered.

Then I got distracted and finished the road from the Cathedral to an area that I keep adding onto, that plain with my Fortress of Magic, redwood house, chisel mod display gallery, and Thaum tower.  I added an MFR autofarm for sugar cane and built on the existing "ruined farm plot" right next to it.  Walled off a big area and lit it up.  Just a cozy place to build.

Now I keep going back and forth between building one huge city with every kind of production in it, or building a lot of smaller settlements (villages, forts, etc) each with its own resources and industries.  With the big city there is less walking, but much more likely to lag, and if everything is packed into a single chunk file, any corruption to that file will take out everything.  I am continuing with the idea of linking villages and conquests and settlements using a dimensional doors hub.  The downside is that I would have to spread world anchors all over to keep all these places running, instead of having them each shut down as their chunks get unloaded after I leave.

I put TreeCapitator back into the modpack.  Heck, I can always disable it, but it would save me the time building dozens of harvesting operations if I can just go to an area, cut down every tree of the type special to that area, then drops off the goods, replant and leave.

For example, I just saw that sap, resin and turpentine (liquids) are back in the modpack, probably from Extra Trees.  One comes from puttint spruce logs in a squeezer.  Now I could make a standard MFR autofarm -- planter, harvester, power source -- and shuffle the saplings around for replanting, and deal with the sludge buildup somehow.  Or spend an hour setting up a Forestry multifarm to do the same, probably a little easier to manage, but so many electron tubes to make.  Or just show up, hack a dozen trees on a visit, dump the goods into the squeezer, collect any full tanks from last visit, and head off to my next role in my next village. 

I added the Custom Stuff 2 mod, 0.10.0a, hoping again to script new recipes to tie the mods together in a unique way in my modpack.  Only my two smelting recipes work.  None of the shaped or shapeless recipes work.  I would really like to get that sorted out, since the mod offers a much wider range of scripting than just recipes -- it offers custom blocks, tools, armor and more.  Just have to figure out the scripting quirks.

New machines:

Lumbermill, needs power and water. 
    Log -> 8 planks + bark + sawdust. 
    Then 4 bark around water = compost.
    [Carpenter] 2 sawdust + 0.25b water = paper
    [Carpenter] 4 sawdust + 1b water = 2 cartons

Woodworker, no power needed, uses wood polish.
    [Woordworker] 2 types of planks + wood polish, choose pattern = 2 patterned planks

Panelworker = same as woodworking but it makes patterned panels.

###

1/5/2017 My VeeTech world

A perfect example of the world of distractions.  I did a quick run this afternoon.  Spawned at the Cathedral.  Made a grinder and an energy cell, then warped over the Thaum Tower, put on the Goggles of Revealing, and hooked up the grinder next to the aura node right outside my window.  Now when it spawns wisps, maybe the grinder will catch them.  Crazy but worth trying.  I do like to experiment.  From there I went down the road a bit and cleared the sandstone battle tower.  Big fight but no golem on top.  At least that area is safe now, no mobs to worry about.  Sometime during the fight some infernal mob hit me with a water breathing potion, so after I jumped off the top into the sea, I figured I should swim around and mine some clay and explore.  With about 20 second of air left I saw a hole in the bottom of the sea.  Dropped down into one of the biggest cave networks I've seen in ages.  And there were abyssal stone geodes all over.  So I marked some of the big deposits on my map (group = resources), mined a few stacks, warped home and dropped my stuff in the sort network.  Also stopped at my Fortress of Magic and planted the 5 new essence berry bushes I found, doubling the size of my little essence berry MFR autofarm.

Btw, for thaumcraftm the hookshots and boomerangs are seriously full of aspects to study.

-- after dinner --

Well, damn.  A massive loss.  I went to clear another battle tower, got to the boss fight, but ran back up to check chests after I beat him.  I died in the explosion, and then the next explosion must have destroyed all my dropped stuff, because there was nothing left when I warped back over there.  Ow, my big backpack full of adventurer stuff, including 5 safari nets and a safari net launcher.  My little backpack named "portable pump kit" which had pumps, sludge boiler, composter, tanks, energy cells, pipes.  And my backpack named "portable harvest kit" -- harvesters and energy cells, ready to drop down in area with good stuff in it.  Plus my armor, my super tools, my infinity power IV legia bow, cloud boots, goggles of revealing, 4 chests of loot, force wrench, quiver with 200 arrows.

Well, I still have tousands of items back at my base.  Let's see what I can put together ... diamond axe (efficiency I, unbreaking II), thaumium hoe, diamon pickaxe (eff II, unbreaking II), diamond shovel (unbreaking II, eff I), diamon helmet (aqua affinity I, prot II), chain chestplate (fire prot I, thorns II), diamond leggings (blast IV, prot II), cloud boots (yay, 2 pairs left, one damaged).  Grab a big orange backpack and stacks of ladders, fences, chests, signs, torches, cobble, cobble slabs (for roads) etc etc, my regular building materials.

Stop at my fossils analyzer, got DNA for dilophosaurus and stegosaurus, lots of sand and junk.

Another comical lack of focus after that.  I was going to build a ladder down to the abyssal stone mine.  Saw some ripe fruit on trees, collected it and went to drop it off.  Went over to the Thaum Tower and spent a while with my Chisel trying to decorate it a bit.  It's actually a little walled vilage with 2 houses, a temple, and my thaum tower, all underlaid with a watery maze.  From there I saw some floating tree tops, so I elevatored up to clear them out.  It rained redwood saplings on me and revealed a little floating island, maybe 20x10 and 12 high.  So I made some chisel oak scaffolds to get over there and spent a while hollowing it out.  Just another odd hangout.

Odd bit with trying to decorate with chisel blocks -- I end leaving behind chests of randomly chiseled blocks.  Nice that you can put a chiseled block back on the chisel and reuse it.  But these are extra blocks that match ones already used in the local motif.  I really like the wood plank variations that look like scaffolds.  Nice simple blocks, no function, they look like more expensive possibly buggy scaffolds from other mods.

On the way back down, my sugar autofarm had produced 64+48 sugar cane.  Need to build a little factory over there soon.  I plan to make paper and then sugar and whitestone blocks.  Sugar has a lot of odd crafting trees: block of sugar -> redstone rock candy (with potion-like buffs), sugar charcoal can be used to make torches or burned as fuel (but there is no sugar coke in this version of Railcraft), cakes, MFR machines, whitestone variations, pumpkin pie, fermented spider eye, triple meat treat (I did build a thaumcraft infernal furnace so I can get those now),  over 20 Harvestcraft food recipes, milk chocolate, and brewing.  Handy item.

Sugar cane itself can also make punji sticks, blowguns, pan flutes (I don't use them), reed bundles (a buiding block), and fermented for biomass.

Dropped into a big dark hole, and with no mobs spawning I enjoy running around unlit caves looking for light-producing blocks.  Force gems and the much-needed Thaumcraft shards, now that I'm doing some Thaumcrafting.  I even found a stone with dull shards.  No light source, easy to miss, very rare block.  Dropped off the shards at my Thaum Tower and warped home to drop the rest.

Over at my fossil analyzer, I got more DNA: Trex, nautilus, brachiosaurus, velociraptor, mosasaurus.  I need to figure out how to house and feed those guys before trying them again.

###

1/6/2017 my VeeTech world

I rebuilt the stuff for my new Harvester kit backpack and most of the parts for my new Portable Pump Kit backpack.  Went out to the town of Baltica and cleared some of the thick spruce forest by just dropping down my Harvester (gold upgrade for +7 radius), energy cell and chest, with a portable tank for sludge.  Set up the sludge boiler and energy cell 8 pipes away and dropped off tanks when they filled up.  Came home with logs (6 oak, 3x64+33 spruce, 21 rubber), saplings (7 oak, 60 spruce, 6 rubber), 53 vines from nearby swamp, 21 rubber drops, and a few blocks from sludge boiler (6 dirt, 9 sand, 4 clay, 3 cracked sand, 2 quicksand, 2 salt).  I worked in a thunderstorm, got hit by lighting (fried a nearby sheep but I was fine), and turned around to see some charged mystic shrubs, which gave me some gold nuggets.  Cleared, fenced and setup a 16x16 autofarm with a 4x4 patch of blueberry bushes under glass (to prevent growth since the higher blocks would not be harvested), planted a bunch of spruce saplings.  Oddly, bonemeal was not working on the saplings, I dumped 10-15 bonemeal on some unobstructed ones, got nothing.  I can wait.  I harvested the HC trees in the village and cleared some wheat plots to make way for my new planned farm -- one plot for every regrowth crop in Harvestcraft, the ones that don't need to be replanted.  According to the list I made for Big Dig, the 24 regrowth crops are:

Crops: Artichoke, Bellpepper, Brussel Sprout, Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Chili Pepper, Coffee, Corn, Cotton, Cucumber, Eggplant, Mustard, Okra, Peas, Tomato, Winter Squash, Zucchini
Bushes: Blackberry, Blueberry, Cactus Fruit, Grape, Kiwi, Raspberry, Strawberry

I am growing Cactus Fruit in the desert, and should probably plant winter squash in one of those useless frozen villages.  That leaves 22 for Baltica, and I'm pretty sure there ARE 22 plots available.  Let me warp back to the Cathedral and see if I have seeds for them all.  How odd, must be a different version of Harvestcraft, since I know spice leaves are a regrowth crop (already growing at that village).  Let me hop over to my experimental world and test them all out.

Here goes. 

Regrowth:
Bellpepper, blackberry, blueberry, candleberry, canteloupe, Chilipepper, coffee, Corn, Cotton, eggplant, Grape, kiwi, mustard, peas, raspberry, spice leaf, Strawberry, Tomato, zucchini (19)

Replant:
asparagus, Bean, beet, broccoli, celery, Cucumber, garlic, ginger, Lettuce, Onion, Peanut, pineapple, radish, sunflower, sweet potato, tea leaf, turnip (17)

Special growth conditions:
cactus fruit, cranberry, rice, white mushroom

Done!  Planted 14 of each regrowth crop in the town of Baltica.  Okay, the last two shared a plot of 14.  My spruce harvester has output: 12 oak logs, 136 spruce logs, 32 spruce saplings, 6 rubber wood, 6 rubber drops, 22 blueberries, and a full tank of sludge for the boiler I setup nearby.

Comments

Popular Posts