MineTest v7 world

1/9/2017 MineTest v7 world

I found my first Chromium ores around -220y, silvery streaks, very uncommon.  Found an underground lake about 50x50 and 30 deep, then ran into something weird which turned out to be technic:granite at -250y.  Hit a vein of 4 chromium, maybe not so rare.  Inventory filled up so I had to leave a chest of cobble and junk in a dungeon at -1102, -250, 1540.  The odds of ever seeing that spot again are slim to nil.  This game could really use /setwarp and /warp commands.

Well, at least there is the /home command.  Poof, back in my little shack.  I have no idea how to find that little cache I left behind.  But cobble is common.  Still, this is why I want to get my packed cobblestone mod running.  They still won't appear in inventory.  Anyway, my spoils for this little trip: 147 coal, 9 diamonds (went through 2 diamond picks), 21 Cr, 43 Cu, 16 Zn, 125 Fe, 5 Au, 23 Pb, 10 mese.

Found my way back to that cache after all.  Then down down down, spotted marble around -621y.  Pits under pits.  All of my compressed cobblestones are working.  The first one (9 cobble = 1 packed cobble) conflicts with moreblocks 9 cobble = 1 compressed cobble, but I wrote code to detect the moreblocks mod and made 2 compressed cobble <-> 2 packed cobble.  From there I can pack 9 packed_cobble into 1 "2x packed cobble" etc.  Really reduces the amount of inventory taken up by cobble.

Well, I made it down to -962y.  I need to start adding more ores/elements to the game.  Goods: 80 Zn, 109 Pb, 100 coal, 24 mese, 37 Cu, 13 Fe, 19 Au, 15 diamonds, 12 Cr.

20:00 - woo hoo, my compressed dirt and sand blocks are all working.  9 tiers, each compresses 9 of the previous tier.  Inspired by the Minecraft mods which first introduced them, but with all new graphics based on Minetest default textures.  So this is my rudimentary "packed things" mod.

Now, I would like to plan out a mod called "elemento" which introduces all the chemical elements.  Some with super high altitude ores, some very deep ores, ore sands, ore gravels, some appear only as traces in gems.

###

1/10/2017 MineTest world

I sketched out another handy mod called "dense_ores", where ever-denser ores will spawn at deeper depths.  Otherwise, I teleported around in the deeps and it all looked the same.  So I am adding three new tiers of ores: deep, dense and ultra-dense, which drop 2,3, and 4 of their materials.  Except for dense stone which can be smelted into 2,3, or 4 stone.  I found some mese blocks down around -5100y, and a lot of sulfur around a huge lava pool, but none of the new ores I added are spawning.  Even though I gave them super-low scarcity of 12, 30 and 40.  Bumping up the spawn rate to clust_scarcity of 1,2,4 ... but I still need to find newly generated chunks.

Nope, still no new ores spawning.  technic:Granite spawns fine, and I borrowed my spawn code from that one.

Anyway, I tinkered with some autocrafters to make 9 cobble into compressed cobble, 2 compressed cobble into 2 of my packed_cobble, then 8 packed_cobble into 2x packed cobble.  Pretty much packed a whole chest of cobble into less than a stack.

Turns out I have to include a depends.txt file containing "default" to override any of the default oregen.  I made a new world just for testing oregen, and I think I finally have a nice blend of colors for deep, dense and ultra-dense stones.  Reasonably subtle.  A player might not notice the deep stone unless they look closely, it's only slightly more violet than normal stone.  Dense stone is more of a bluish gray, a little darker, and then the ultra-deep stone is unmistakable pale brick red.  And the way I have the variables setup, the matching ores will have the exact same color mappings.

Explored a bit, feels like a good balance.

###

1/11/2017 MineTest play world

I will now treat this world ("v7 test") as a playable game.  I started making a file of recipes, and it's just about as extensive as a light Technic or FTB Minecraft world as far as buildable things go; 80 items per page in inventory, 12-1/2 pages = about 1000 items.  The Minetest technic pack has implemented some things from RedPower and IC2 in an admirably standardized way, though I see no way to make the LV Alloy Furnace without a Machine Casing, which needs Brass, which can only be made in an alloy furnace.  Okay, duh, as soon as I typed that I remembered that in RedPower you start off with an unpowered alloy furnace or 8 brick blocks.  Yup, same recipe exists here.

Oh, I never picked up any clay.  I built a little building on the sandy beach, and there were two patches of clay right in the water.  Got 400 clay (3x99+3) right away.  Cook 32 clay to bricks, make 8 brick blocks, make fuel-fired alloy furnace, add Cu + Zn and coal ... first 24 brass, uses only 2 coal lumps.  I really like the look of the autocrafter, just a black box with 3x3 grid, and you can hover over it to see what its recipe is, don't even have to open it.  Cooked 24 iron lump to wrought iron ingots, cooked to cast iron ingots.  Same as Iron and Refined Iron in IndustrialCraft2, just with more confusing names.  Made 3 machine casings.

Looking at more items in inventory.  The homedecor mod really went overboard adding nice around-the-house items, including 8 custom paintings made by crafting different dyes over a blank canvas.  Nicely done.  I was thinking of adding a mod of just funky painting packs, I will have to see how she made hers hang up on the wall.

##

Comments

Popular Posts