VeeTech modpack balancing

12/24/2016 VeeTech world

Not actually gaming yet.  Just sorting out the ideas in my head.  I have some resource-gathering projects in mind,
just have to map them up to locations.  I have about 15 forts and castles and a dozen villages to choose from.

I listed the villages up above, will look at the other settlements soon.

Redwoods: make planks, charcoal from sawdust, custom doors.
Snow & ice factory: aqueous accumulator and glacial precipitator, make snow, ice and all the snow/ice/frost blocks.
Auto Wheat farm: wheat -> bread, straw mats, haybales; seeds + dirt -> topiary grass; wheat + sugar -> cookies
Auto Barley farm: barley -> flour -> bread.
Auto Rubber farm: makes jungle wood, rubber drop -> rubber bar -> plastic
    plastic sheets, plastic + ice = unmelting ice; plastic + stone = machine blocks
    other uses?
Force tree farm (forestry): make liquid force
One central composter (use a forest location): use liquid transposer, bring in cans of sewage, export fertilizer
One central sludge boiler (use a frozen location): use liquid transposer, bring in cans of sludge, sort items into
    deep storage units
Add disenchanter with energy cell to fortress of magic
Auto-fishers.  Not much variety in fishing in 1.5.2, but some animals and recipes need fish.
Meat packing plant: pig spawners -> meat and pink slime (for laser prechargers)
Imp farm, need all 3 colors of glowshrooms for the stew they need to breed.
Major ore smelting operation.
Main power station: 8-10 force engines.  [Cathedral]
Assembly table and lasers. [Cathedral]
Railmaking operation.
Rail distribution system.
Steve's Carts playground.
Leatherworks: leather + string + smelt for the bound leather to make backpacks.  Not that I need more backpacks...
Trophy room, item frames and display cases of all rare items.  This will be the top half of the mountain keep where
    my weapons and armor lab is, already marked "Personal lair" on my map.
Harvestcraft restaurants
Sugar cane harvester: sugar, paper, sugar cubes

I started a file of item life cycles in my modpack.  Totally spaced on the fact that the redstone repeater AND cyclic assemblers
are in the pack!  I was worried that without the repeater, I couldn't make some simple redstone contraptions (like a simple vending
machine or store), and I would seriously miss having the cyclic assemblers, especially with the nerfed autocrafting tables.  Cool,
even more options!

###

12/28/2016 VeeTech world

I spent a few days swapping out mods, making VeeTech an even more diverse and unusual world.

v1.1 Mods DROPPED:
   
BackTools
Minions (only used it a few times, they don't as many things as I thought they did)
Soul Shards (use MFR spawner/grinders)
TreeCapitator (overpowered, can wipe out dark forests and redwoods)
Xeno's Reliquary (I never use it)

v1.1 Mods ADDED:

AlcheMine 1.2.0 (fun rune-based mine-and-craft magic system)
AquaCulture 1.2.0 (just some extra fish and treasures to catch, missing before MC 1.7)
Barrels 1.9 (just 3 barrels, no need for full Factorization mod)
Chainz
CustomRecipes 4.11 (I really want to be able to convert between shards/essences and such, but it keeps not finding the item ids)
Dynamic Liquid Tanks
ExtraBees 1.7
ExtraTrees 1.7
MAtmos (atmospheric sounds, loved that in Tekkit Classic)
Nether Ores 2.1.3 (Felt like something was missing ...)
Primitive Mobs (some hilarious offshoots of classic mobs here, love the spider mom and the trasure slimes, always wanted pet spider or slime)
TradeBooth 0.4.2 (aw heck, I still can't trade with myself, but a good implementation.)

It was quite a battle to get Extra Bees/Trees working with the right version of Forestry.  The Big Dig versions used an older Forestry that
did NOT have the worktable, my favorite crafting block in the whole game.

I made a flat world for experimenting, but uh oh, a flat world only 3 blocks deep is a mess, since the various ruins and structures cut right
through the bedrock into the void.

I also made a flat world with regular Overworld depth, and that one is just outrageous fun.  I made some videos as I tried to survive the
first few nights and secure the huge village I spawned in.  As a flat world, it's a whole new ballgame.  Since it is always a Plains biome,
only a few of the Better Dungeons structures would ever generate, BUT the Farlanders are EVERYwhere.  A whole other kind of challenge.

On the other hand, it takes way too much time to make videos.  Sure, there are some funny gags, but I can't guarantee the entertainment of
some of the serious youtubers.  I could heavily edit.  There are maybe 5 minutes of real good stuff for each half hour of wandering and
building.  I actually prefer writing about the game adventures, and my gaming blog has had 64,000 view and a few $ of ad revenue.  Seems
like a very limited audience there, and even more OCD than making videos.

I am back in my big VeeTech world, testing a theory: that no mobs are spawning in the world anymore because all my teleporting around
has left the max quota of mobs trapped in unloaded chunks.  So, I trimmed some parts of the map I hadn't visited in over a month and walked
out to get some new terrain generated.  Still no mobs.

#

After pizza night.   Back to work in my Cathedral.  Need to upgrade that wimpy generator room downstairs.  Craft a breeder and a squeezer,
setup conductive pipes with 4 stirling engines and 2 force engines.  Breeder grabs milk from the cow, squeezer turns force stuff into liquid
force.  Major upgrade.  Melt a stack of redstone, make 2 more energy cells.  Need some new hardened glass and electrum along the way, make some
extra.

Run over to my Fortress of Magic, take out existing crops and plant 14 sugar cane, add a planter and an energy cell.  Might as well produce
paper where paper is most needed.  Though at the moment it is most needed across the valley at the Thaum tower.  I made a wand and a research
table, just now put down a table and clicked it with the wand for an arcane workbench.  Made a display case to keep my thaumonomicon in.

Visited the nearby stone brick square keeps.  One of the first rooms is a bridge over a big lava pit.  Heck, I keep some goodies in my
"portable pump" backpack.  I put down a 2x2 water source and aqueous accumulator, then a pump over the lave, meeting at an igneous
extruder.  Now the lava is being gobbled up and stored as obsidian, which I have less than a stack of.  2325: 35 obsidian so far.  Run back to
Fortress of Magic, 15 sugar cane, make 15 paper, run back to cube keep.  2328: 51 obsidian.  Take some time to mine some interior walls, found
one little chest I left behind during my siege (just food items).  Figured out that one wall comes out in the cave overlooking my fortress,
so I added a ladder up to that point, quick access to the core of the cube.  2333: 109 obsidian, looks like the lava pool is about 2/3 done.
I found the path back across the water pool to the huge library room where the boss fight was.  Over a hundred bookcases still down there,
but I don't need them right away.  2336: 134 obsidian.

Heard some spiders, so I hacked away at the ceiling and found a dark room with a spider spawner.  One spider was a wither exploding infernal
guy that kept teleporting away after blasting me.  He's still up there, but the rest of that section is now cleared out.  145 obsidian, just a
few drips of lava left, good for lighting.  Hop across to my fortress and warp door home.

After seeing all the redstone repeaters I had salvaged from dimensional doors, I figured I should write a recipe to reuse them.  Now I can smelt
a repeater -> 3 redstone or a comparator -> 4 redstone.  You lose a few items, but at least it's not a dead end.

Comments

Popular Posts