Veetech - Farlanders are better traders

12/21/2016 my VeeTech world

Well, I had a few weeks of no gaming, then a pretty steady 2 hours per night when my honey is at work -- waiting for
her to come home.

I recorded about 3 hours of videos at the end of October, got busy with other things.  Listened to the old videos while
working on other things.  Reasonably entertaining.  Recorded about 90 minutes last night.

Just down I warped out to my Farlander Villa waypoint.  It's a spread of 4 farlander houses, and here is what they're trading:
    House #1: Red eyes #1:
        milk -> 2 ruby
        ruby -> 3 flint (-)
    House #1: purple eyes:
        shears -> ruby
        clock -> 3 ruby
    House #2: red eyes
        iron sword -> 3 ruby
        3 ruby -> 3 nether wart (-)
        golden botts -> 2 ruby
        2 ruby -> 5 potato (-)
    House #2: silver eyes
        3 ruby -> 2 ghast tears
        clock -> 3 ruby
    House #3 (2 story house): old man:
        3 ruby -> 15 detector rails (+), grab 2 sets
        1 ruby -> 5 sponge (!!) (grab 20)
        15 ruby + 15 emerald -> enchanting table
    House #3: red eyes:
        2 ruby -> 3 fermented spider eyes
        iron leggings -> 3 ruby
        gold leggings -> 2 ruby
       
Went back home for some iron leggings, clicked the farlander, game crashed, error: rendering screen.

I started setting up my Materials Yard, for displaying every building block in the game.  But instead of building huge
arrays of buildings in the open field as originally planned, I had a brainstorm last night.  Just use one of the other
cathedrals I sacked.  Perfect size, each basic room is 13x13, just right for a pair of 2x4 block displays separated
by a block of shelves, surrounded by wood planks.  On the crazy side, I went to look them up and list them in a text file,
and there are over 700 different blocks.

Log in again, sell the farlander 7 iron leggings.  New trade added to list above.  Sell to the old man again, two more
great trades added.  These are like villagers with some big ticket items and not much garbage.  Glad I added them to the
pack.  Came home with 20+ rubies, 20 sponges, 30 detector rails, and a few little items.

Some projects done in the last few weeks:
    - I started setting up the "Fortress of Magic", made shelves for each level of each type of enchantment, moved
    my enchanting table there, with deep storage for books and bookcases
   
An off-the-wall idea that just came to me ... go into one of those "floating mess" dimensions, build down from the middle
platform in a big stone brick pyramid, add dirt above the sea over the void, plant seom trees.  Pretty good progress.  Used
about 10 stacks of dirt and 12 stacks of stone brick.  Just something I can chip away at, when I get the urge.  I left
chests of materials on the top level and on the dirt level.  Funky.

###

12/23/2016 - VeeTech world


Looking at my villages now, trying to make a sensible trade network.

Village 1 (Baltica) rift -291x
produces:
    wheat (12 plots)
    carrots (2)
    potatos (2)
    sunflower seeds (10 plants)
    peaches (4 trees)
    pears (1)
    pomegranate (3)
    coconut (2)
    vanilla (2)
    avocados (1)
other resources
    limestone
    spruce forest
manufactures:
    smoothies
good trades:
    2 bookshelves -> knowledge fragment
buyers:
    11 books -> emerald
    21 wheat -> emerald
    26 paper -> emerald
    15 raw chicken -> emerald
    12 cooked fish -> emerald
    18 wheat -> emerald
    15 raw chicken -> emerald
    9 cooked fish -> emerald
   
Okay that's just nuts worrying about individual trades.  I do want to have villagers be a part of it, but the best plan
is to move the Thaum villagers to my Thaumcraft base, the farmers to my farmin base, butchers to my animal base.  Etc.
So there are some relevant guys concentrated in the right areas.  A fun project then, collecting the purple dudes from
every village into one central trading post.  And so on.

###

10/23/2016  VeeTech world

My villages:
   
    Beringia = glacier, small, no walls, polar bears
    Cayuga Lake, lake, my first settlement, all MagicalCrops
    Baltica, walled, some development
    Jerome = top of red rocks, walled, trading post
    Marsh Town = marsh, big village
        2 hives of tropical bees (eek)
        grabbed their thaum guy and beekeeper
        black bears in area
    Oslo = alpine, fairly large, boars, thaum guy
    Yakutsk = Ice wastelands & pine forest & green swampland, stole their smeltery, walled, medium
        trading post: purple guy offering 32 emeralds -> big capsule station (!)
    Redwood village - no wall, fun split between redwoods and cliffs
    Glaciervale - few bldgs on glacier, no walls yet
    Headlands (Statue Village) = green swamplands, secured, many buildings, big statue, slime islands

Non-frozen villages:

    Village-780 - temperature rainforest, no walls, fir trees
    Village_3 = green hills, split on 3 levels, no walls yet
    Corner Village = seaside, over water and top of cliffs, no walls
    Tinyville = edge of redwoods and red rocks, only 3 houses, no walls
    Isle Village = small wooded isle, no walls, dim door nearby
    Village4 = green hills, cliffs around, no walls, tiny
    Marsh Village = marsh, pretty useless, will probably harvest for buildings to move elsewhere
    Ice Road = temp rainforest and glacier, all messed up
    Mini Village = meadow, 2 houses, no walls

Frozen villages:
   
    Icy Half Village = ice wasteland, no walls, small
    Ice Town = tundra, medium size, no walls
    Ice Pine = ice wastelands at edge of scrublands, no walls, thaum guy
    Snow Forest = snow forest, large, half snowy, no walls yet
   
Brough over the thaum guy from Baltica, and a thaum guy from marsh town, put them in a house in my future
Thaumcraft fortress.  Brought two librarians to my fortress of magic, put them in unused room downstairs.
Traded 11 books -> 1 Em a few times, offered 3 Em -> bookshelf, crappy deal but after 3 trades, it opened up
book + 14 Em = enchanted book (fire protection III).  ok.

Traded the 2 bookshelves -> 1 knowledge fragment until they offered new deals: 1 Em -> 1 nitor, 1 Em -> 3 air shards.

Yes, it feels a whole lot more sensible to have the specialty traders congregated in the bases where their goods
are most likely to be needed.

Renovated my Thaum tower, preparing to move in.  It was the tower in one of those square forts with the watery
maze beneath it.  The main tower had awkward spiral stairs up -- I took those out and added a simple ladder, then
put in a wood floor to split the area.  And I made a ladder up to the obsidian top of the chimney where that TNT trap
always takes out the necromancer's treasures before I can get to them.  Now I can't remember how to make the basic
thaumcraft wand or initial research table.  Wiki away!

Okay, to get started in Thuamcraft, craft the basic wand: diagonal gold nugget, stick, any shard.  R-click on a bookcase to
get Thaumonomicon.  Make scribing tools, r-click on two tables for your reserch table.  Let me at least get that setup.
Done!  A nice shiny new research table, and a book of creepy secrets.

While I was chasing chickens across the plains, I grabbed my first 16x16 chunk of meadow for my village hub pocket
dimension.  My quick measurement showed that the dimensions start at 32x32 (4 chunks), so I just have to pull 4 areas
of 16x16 and terraform a bit to get the look I want.  Bonemealing the grass I got two candelberry saplings, a lemon sapling
and a pear sapling.  Planted two hopseed and 2 tigerwood.  Good variety.  Looking better.  Toying with the idea of
ing my tons of ice as a blue sky in there.

Boy that was fun.  Run through door, drop off land and bits of ruins, replant the grass, add trees and lighting.  Go back
out to the Cathedral, map teleport to a lake in a nearby field, drop down from sky into water, grab another 16x16 plot
of land with something interesting, tp back to Cathedral, up the ladder, through the dimensional door, drop the
landscaping and repeat.  I can actually widen up that pocket dimension at some point, probably one chunk at a time, and
filling it one chunk at a time.  In one of these pocket dimensions I might even collect ruins and buildings!

On that note, I may start moving any ruins that appear in that glitched valley near my Cathedral up onto the roof of the
Nether.  Let me grab a few ... cool, I can respawn them fro the capsule station embedded down into the bedrock roof of
the Nether, removing the bedrock so I have access to the goodies below.

I went and secured Statue Village, renamed it Headlands.  Stole their mystcraft villager and their cleric villager for my
own lairs.  No obvious resources.  11 farm plots (I count a farm plot as a 2x7 crop area; they are generated in x2, x4
and x6 patterns around water troughs.  Pig spawner ruin at -1821,-876.  Hey, this is near the ring of strongholds.  Let
me get out my ender eyes.  No luck.

Warped home, dropped off the two Mystcraft villagers just outside my Mystcraft lab, and the thaum guy went to my thaum
fortress.

I went to my zoo and set the worlf to Peaceful then back to Easy.  All my animals vanished.  I gave myself spawn eggs
to put back the ones I had.  Not sure any other way to reduce overall mob numbers to try and get regular mob spawns
back in the world.

Good run.  Though I keep coming up with MORE projects, rather than fewer.

Comments

Popular Posts