Overgrown 1.12.1 - MineColonies Fail & Exotic Birds

7/2/23 Overgrown 1.12.1

After some tinkering, the way to recharge the flight rings in the Patchwork mod is to craft the ring plus a set of tools and an essence of flight, each time you craft, the tools losew some durability and you get about +14% recharge.  The essence of flight is made on the brewing stand by adding ghast tear to thick splash potions.  But what about the thick splash potion?  Brew water bottles plus glowstone dust then gunpowder.

Those tool sets are a fun variation of how to repair items.  There's also the duct tape from DungeonTactics, which I previously could not figure out at all.  But if you put it in your shield slot (off hand), just hold an item, look into the distance and snaek-r-click.  Each click repairs about 20%, and the duct tape is used up after 3 clicks.

The Mega Loot mod is also a lot of fun.  It generates loot bags that you right-click to drop randomly-generated items with fun names and buffs.  You can craft a Tool Manipulator (diamond over anvil over 3 iron blocks) and use it two ways: put an item you don't want into the center slot and hit the bottom button to turn it into shards, or use an upgrade charm in the top slot to add buffs to the item in the middle.  You can craft 9 shards of any one ype into a new loot bag of that type, or surround that loot bag by 8 more shards to get one of those upgrade charms.  There is also a cosmetic manipulator (4 iron blocks, 4 glass and an epic shard) which will let you change the model of the item placed in the center slot to the look of any item you have previously broken into shard.  This all gets really expensive but it can produce some of the fastest tools and best swords & bows available.  And there are some named sets of armor that are worth collecting.

##

Well, I tried reassigning my MineColony back to my new usename with

/mineColonies colony ownerchange 1 scottVee8

but it just says it's missing a required parameter: colony.  Which it isn't.  That's one of the commands given in the in-game tips.  I couldn't use addofficer or even delete the colony (which was going off on a tangent I didn't like).  But it sure does warn me that I'm entering the "colony of scottvee".  But I'm scottvee8 now.

From there I ran to my big settlements and filled a shulker box with Mega Loot and DungeonTactics stuff, to take to my main storage for those.  In Brixton II, I extended the walls a bit and added storage drawers for the nether items that were clogging up the chests above.

In my Rustic base, I looked over the farm plots for every Rustic crop, the advanced alchemy setup, and my two brewin barrels with apple juics and ironberry juice ... those are fun for a change of pace every now and then, but none of those are items I really "need'.  Then, I reviewed Albertville, which is just packed with villagers I could only settle down by pushing them into holes.  I need to work up a cheap recipe for stork apples to get the guys organized better.  It looks like Bailies Dailies is no longer functional, the server that dished out those quests probably went offline years ago.


#


7/3/23 Overgrown 1.12.1

The MineColonies data file is in worldname/minecolonies/colony1_0.dat and there was a clear owner=scottVee entry that I edited with NBTEplorer.  Also an owners[] array, and two hex values for ownerId that I had to get from the players folder. I didn't see it at first because of all the .zip backup files in there.  Let's see if that worked.  Nope, it somehow rebuilds the file with the old settings.

Good news: the config file for the Patchwork mod has an entry to enable the mobnet to pick up villagers.  In the mobnet{} section, it's

    B:enableVillagerCapture=true

I still can't figure out which mod lets mobs see through half-block spaces.  It makes that Prefab mob grinder tower unusable, as they keep shooting at me.

I was able to use my two mobnets to sort out the villagers in Albertville into a usable market strip.

The Exotic Birds mod has an encyclopedia (book + feather), and it turns out some of them can be tamed.  There are also 6 or 7 types of bird cages, sneak r-click to catch a bird in the cage, then sneak r-click to place the cage with bird in the world.  Break a placed cage to let the bird out but keep the cage.

I stopped by to visit the Pinkly Sheep beanstalk, and sure enough, every attempt tp break a block releases vexes or spiders or blazes (half the hillside forest is on fire now), and so many negative effects it's insane.  But you can probably milk it for battles and xp and surprises for years ... and then plant another one ...


#

Comments

Popular Posts