6/27/2023 Overgrown 1.12.1 - Evaporating & Exploring

At the end of last night's explorations, I found that my whole MineColonies area is off-limits to me because my screen name changed when I was forced to switch to the Microsoft account.  I will have to run out there at the end of tonight and use NBTEdit to fix that.

I made an evaporator and got 24 mineral salt in a few minutes, ran that through the dissolver for: 4 Mg, 14 NaCl, 3 Fe, 2 KCl, Li.  Yeah, but it takes 16 tubes of an element to make one ingot.

Depending on which slot you use in the Chemical Condenser, SiO2 can turn into cobblestone, stone or sand.  Well done.  The evaporator can ohld 10 buckets of water, leave it alone for a while for at least 60 mineral salt.

I did find ONE item in the pack that can pick up a villager, and that's the witches stork egg, super expensive to make with an albino apple and pinkly egg.  I may nerf that solely for use in setting up my trading posts the way I want them.

I had fun exploring more bases and warp points and out-of-the-way places.  I even grabbed the Crown Cliffs warp book (Cavern II mod) and visited that dimension for a while.  I dug stairs down around cliff faces from about 140y all the way dwn to bedrock with nice stairs for easy future mining access.  The world gen is still amazing.  These dimensions have siltstone, Quark marble & limestone, even veins of clay blocks inside the solid stone.  There are Animania animals all over, but I don't usually do much with them since they require so much attention and usually end up standing there hungry and thirsty.  The Mo Bends mod makes the vanilla mobs sooo much better, with very nicely designed body movements.

And there are Exotic Birds all over, just begging to be collected into a whole town of glass apiaries, or a whole series of chests to get a few of each egg.

The Roguelike Dungeons are always there just begging to be explored.  A lot of the ones in this version have fireworks rooms with hundreds or rockets just begging to be set off.  I don't think I've ever really tinkered with the fireworks, even though they've been in the games for 7 or 8 years now.  Maybe a few ...


#


6/29/23 Overgrown 1.12.1

Well, it's already 10pm so I have one hour to do something.  Probably best just to do some exploring.

Caveland dimension = all dirt, all the way down.  Vast caves and lots of altered mobs.

Dark Forest dimension = incomplete in this version, just a grassy plain full of mobs.

Wide Desert dimension = yup, endless desert.

The Nether is a blast in this pack, with the NetherEx mod adding multiple biomes, creepy-ass sounds, and strange ores from Pinkly Sheep and other mods.  Fossils & Archaeology adds whole sunken obsidian ships in the lava lakes, and I think it's inventory pets that adds little obsidian dungeons in those same flaming pools.  I came back with three shulkers (thanks to FutureMC) full of odd things.  I mainly went down for quartz and magma to extract barium and other elements, but the variety is a lot of fun and there are not many mobs in the areas I was running through.  

I couldn't remember why I could fly, but looking at my baubles slots, it's the Ring of the Zephyr, which is now at 0.7%.  Guess I should read up on how to charge those things.


Comments

Popular Posts