6/23/23 Overgrown 1.12.1 - so much odd stuff

I really haven't had much game time the past few weeks, since I had a genealogy project to work on, and those seem to take forever.

I did walk around this 1.12.1 world a bit wednesday night.  This world is almost TOO complex, not so much in a tech tree way, but in the sheer number of things to find and things to build, from bonsai pots to brewing barrels, EnderIO factories, Cooking for Blockheads, Fossils & Archaeology, Vanilla Food Pantry, and the endless weird items to collect from DungeonTactics, Exotic Birds and Loot Bags.  And somehow, the whole pack has no item that will let me pick up a villager...?  Oops!

That was all by design, I suppose, looking back.  A world where I should never ever get bored.  I can always hop over to a new ruin and fix it up, or start a fresh settlement thousands of blocks from my old bases, or do the huge dungeon raids and get mobbed by the super bendy mobs.  The pack has the most amazing biome generation I've seen -- every area is so rich and detailed and various.  Right now, I'm on an isolated huge mesa with a jungle on top, and on the mini map there are 5 pyramids to sack and turn into future work spaces.

I ended up taking out Millenaire, because as wonderful and complex it was, trying to build all those cultures and languages and trade goods, it always seems to eventually crash the world.

2225: Another pair of ruins ... this one is not quite a pyramid, but it has a ring of water inside with one chest with a few Patchwork & Ender IO items and an epic mega loot case (The Measurer: 17 damage, indestributible, Health Boost 3, 3 upgrades) and a hunter's carry pouch (a few bone, string, salt, 2 ghast tears).

2246: more weird birds, flaming zombies, black cows (Animania), then a pretty sandstone and slate ruin I had never seen before, which led down to a sandstone Roguelike Dungeon.  Those dungeons are much simpler than they used to be, but some of the modules -- especially the mausoleum -- can be epic battles.  I cleared the first floor and went back to one of my pyramids to repair some artifacts.

2328: I tp'd back to Brixton, my massive base with about 30 different mod-based workspaces, from the big periodic table of storage drawers I am building in Alchemistry, to Simple Storage Network, Calculator, Pinkly Sheep stuff, Animal Crops (plants that grow animals) ... it's endless...

Comments

Popular Posts