Technic VeeTech: villages & productivity

11/5/2020 Technic VeeTech

What a fun variety of places to explore and mess around in, one after the other.  I rediscovered a town hidden on the map due to snow, with one of my classic signs saying "ye towne of Rochester (Minn)," which I discovered when Anne was watching me play, and she came up with the chilly name of the place.

Now I logged in back at the Field of Ruins and explored in and around and under Jerome for a while.  Repaired the battle pit some more, added some bits here and there, farmed some obsidian, then got lost in abandoned mines and chasms deep below the city which ended up breaking through into ... the bottom floor of that same battle pit.  I popped over to the Twilight Forest.  My old dimensional door link failed so I made a Mystcraft link book pair to keep a direct line to my twilight town.  

I had some fun watching the miner's tree bring ores to the surface.  Over an hour and it's still going, in addition to however much time I spent mining it last time.  The hole gets pretty deep and jagged after a while, but I found I could add more stone (not cobble) and it could replace those (and dirt) with more ores.  Over one chest full already.  Kinda funny watching the ores appear right in front of me, or turning around and a blank area a moment ago is now full of new blocks to mine.  18x64+3 redstone, 11x64+38 weak essence, ores (37 Au, 57 Ag, 64+29 Pb, 2x64+59 Fe, 11 Cu, 57+3+50 Sn, 3 Al, 9 Ferrous, 20 cinnabar), shards (38 air, 49 fire, 15 water, 16 earth, 15 vis), 129 force gems, 43 liveroot, 24 amber, 73 lapis, 55 diamonds.  It's hard to believe that all those ores are coming up from the nearby area, since the ground level in Twilight Forest is already well below the Overworld.  But it's a fun dynamic, a different pasttime to hack away at for a while.

Town of Baltica


##

11/15/2020 Technic VeeTech

Over the weekend I big a big land grab over in Baltica, built three new houses, including:
 - Mr. Cheese, he has a force pack with a recipe card so if he has salt, he only needs to milk a cow and drop the bucket to make cheese inside th force pack
 - a place for crafting whitstone & blackstone variations: I always overlook these, but they're simple enough, just adding 8 of something around sugar or ink sacs: gravel, cobble, stone, stone brick, bricks

I planted spruce saplings at the tops of some spruce trees to double the tree heights.

Some other tinkering.

I added some machines to the village mine: Bio Reactor, BioFuel Generator, pulverizer, redstone furnace.

I moved some of the cheap dudes around, and turned that house into the Grout Guy, who has a force pack that collects sand, gravel and clay.  Back home he makes grout and cooks it into seared bricks,

I added an Essence Seeker who has a force pack with recipe card to automatically turn 9 weak essence into a regular essence.  However, having a second recipe card does not craft the second step to make strong essence.  I suspect that two unrelated recipes in the same pack might work, but a single two-step process would not, because the crafted item does not trigger the "item picked up" event that would trigger the second crafting card.  Yes, two independent recipe cards do work, so now my grout guy can make either the 2-item recipe (sand, gravel, clay ball) or the 8-item recipe (4 sands, 4 gravel, clay block).  Sweet.

Hillfall Uptown
Hillfall, looking down over Downtown


Comments

Popular Posts