New blog for board games & more

11/16/2020 other games

I started up a new blog at https://scottvee-gaming.blogspot.com/ to discuss all the board games and card games I have been testing out recently.  So far, I wrote up Cat Crimes, Qwixx and Dig, but since we have played about 20 other games in the past few months and I just bought part of someone's collection in Oceanside, there should be a lot to talk about.  New games: Tzolkin, Mesopotamia, Mystic Market, Bohemian Villages, Cube Quest, Unearth, Numbr9, and some older/historical games: Bali and Touring.  Plus my deep dives into the Internet to find complete parts for old old games, especially Victorian era board games.  By "complete" I mean a photo of the game board in highe enough resolution to be able to read it, plus shots of any pieces needed, and a readable photo of the rules.  It's an interesting challenge.  

Even boardGameGeek.com with its seemingly endless resources, has lots of pieces missing from its photo galleries of various games.  I went to add in some of the rules and other photos I found on various auction sites ... only to see that their content guidelines forbid the posting of rules.  Except that of course there are hundred of sets of rules posted.  I don't get it.

Comments

Popular Posts