Overgrowth - fun with dimensions

8/19/2017 Overgrowth world

I was able to manually add a link to the Cavenia dimension using a command block.  Not sure what actual portal configuration is needed.  Anyway, it's another cave dimension with vast open spaces, and the mobs are mostly the stony canvenic versions for 50-60 hp.  The cavemen are definitely hostile.  But the main hazard in this dimension is, every 10 minutes or so a mob boss health bar will appear -- the only one of these actual bosses I found was a zombie with 2000 hp.  Luckily, I do my tunnelling with lots of one-block-wide bottlenecks, so I was able to drop back and catch it at a barricade.

I also made a portal to the deep dark, built down and out and across to one of the shattered towers, then spiral all the way down  to the floor of the world and deeper, and grab even more ores.  I am thinking of adding some prefab buildings for a base at the foot of that tower.

My world runs fine in the original Overgrowth 1.0 version of the modpack.  I even hooked up my flat world with the smeltery.  I will probably be using just that world as my Block Test World to see if changes to the modpack screw up the blocks.

Argh!  Now running Overgrowth 1.01 on my Block Test World and I get a "Tesselating block model" crash.  Sounds like a mismatched version of Connected Textures Mod.  Rollback to .19 version.  I did add in Maille (clever recipes for chainmail), but it adds no blocks.

Added the Augmented Inferno and Everything Blocks (pretty sure the only reason it crashed last time was because a block id referenced by an everything block had changed).  Huh, in my test map, one of the nether ores in Augmented Inferno exploded then kept me on fire for at least 5 whole MINUTES.  Had to grab a fire charm out of my backpack.  Dunking in water put it out but it turned back on as soon as I got out.  Milk did not cancel it.  The /heal command gave me back the health but did not cancel the effect.  Wow, that's nasty.  Second time I saw that ore, I used TNT.  Safely captured!

Went back to the Deep Dark.  Cheated a silk touch upgrade for my already OP mining drill (AA), got a few heaps of stone, crafted a defense bunker (Prefab mod) and built it on the surface of the Deep Dark, connected to my stairwell tower by walls.  Woo hoo, so neat having a 3-story building down there, lit inside by paper lanterns, and pitch black outside.  Came back home with 2 chests of ores.  Darn, the Ebon Arts ores (silk tuches) cannot be ground into ingots or gems.  Will have to add recipes for that.  I did add recipes where the EU2 single/double/triple compressed cobblestone can be turned directly into the Prefab single/double/triple compressed stone using an appropriate but efficient amount of coal (one coal, one coal block, 8 coal blocks).  Very neat.  So where 1 coal could smelt 8 cobble into stone, it now effectively does 9.  One block does 81 instead of 64, 8 blocks do 729 instead of 512.  3 simple recipes, whole new way to make compressed stones or bulk produce regular stone without a furnace.  Slightly cheaty not needing a furnace, but it assumes that you have furnaces and tools available.

Well, the world is back and runs at good fps, no signs of corruption.  Maybe I can just play and enjoy it for a bit.  Built some stairs/roads down from my jagged mesa town; fun challenge over this nutty terrain.  Then I got a crash with an "Unexpected error", no mod or xyz given.  All I did was placed a torch on a bridge span.

New recipe: 4 diamonds, 4 manalite (Cavern mod) around triple-compressed netherrack (729 netherrack) = nether star.  Seems hard enough.  I know the players who build quarries can end up with tens of thousands of netherrack, they can set a hardcore recipe using quintuple-compressed or higher.

I setup an enchanting table under Jim's City Hall building from the Miranda world.  Bookshelf + gold = magical wood.  8 of those just and a few shelves and the table is up to level 30.  And there is a whole chest of 27x64 solidified experience right next to it.  Got a few good enchanted books: Fortune III and Unbreaking III (new diamond pickaxe), then Power IV.  Made an anvil, got my armor enchanted as well.  Then ran around the Nether hoarding ores and soulstone.

##

8/23/2017 Overgrowth 1.01 world

I made four Mesa terrain seeds to try and expand my land a bit -- turns out each seed can be used about 20 times.  So I created land off of my main road, trimmed away the top layer of red sand and dirt (leaving a little spot to grow cacti), then build a 7x7 building for Ebon Arts stuff and a cool 7x7 rick building with a row of celtic twists over the windows, for clay and brick and hardened brick stuff.  Regardless of how big a building I build or prefabm I still like having small shacks for each of the smaller mods and processes.  Extended the walls to protect new area, and it's a fine addition to my growing town.

Had fun in the Nether after that, using up the full charge on my 3x3 silk touch mining laser for the bulk of the mining, and my new Fortune III pick for the goodies, mining whole veins of nether quartz in one shot.  I have no idea how much I get from each tool, but the combination will fill two regular chests in about 15 minutes.  Some of the nether ores don't really pulverize or smelt as expected, will have to look at recipes, maybe add some new ways to process them.  I mined out one whole vein of magma, 3x3 at a time, and it turned out to be about 12 stacks of the stuff.  I need to add a recipe so that magma -> lava in the Magma Crucible should cost much less than netherrack.  Not sure if there is a ModTweaker API for that machine though.

Just a fun 45-minute run of expanding, organizing, and looks for more crap that will need organizing.  ;-)

##

Comments

Popular Posts