6/23 to 6/24: B-Team openBlocks and more

6/23

The Tropicraft dimension was fun to explore.  Dinosaurs, saber=tooth cats, weird little things running around, coral reefs, different fish and rays in the water, easter island heads to whomp on (use a pick!), hysterical little creeperlings with hawaiian shirts who drop piles of flowers when they pop.  Found one mostly useless village with a few guys and a minimal trading post of sorts.  Overall the place felt a bit empty.  I liked the tall islands with forests on top, the citrus trees, flowers, volcanos.  But my portal was fairy far out to sea.  Not sure what to really DO over there.  A bit miffed that I needed another pina colada to get back home through the portal ... not that they're hard to make, it's just a bother.  I left a chest and crafting table at the portal for future drinkage.

No real objectives.  Spent a while in Overworld, mining for stuff I don't need.  Made a boat & went cruising.  Found even more new biomes, like wasteland and lavender fields.  Just seems so odd without IndustrialCraft or BuildCraft.  I appreciate that Thermal Expansion is taking over that niche, still one of my favorite mods ever.  And liquid XP is cute, I just walk over my grate and pee out my XP into the tank for some future whatever.

My little set of cobble shacks in the snowy waste is just dreary and small.  I've met lots of witches, just not interested in any of that stuff.  Have grown more food than I will ever need.  Did find 5 dragon eggs in chests in an abandoned mine about 1000 blocks from home, under the only Mooshroom Island I've ever found on any world.

6/24

Quick visit.  Made an auto-anvil (OpenBlocks), put it under my xp tank, configured it to auto-drink and it drained the tank.  I can't seem to enchant a book in their auto-enchant table.  Bit of a dead-end for enchanting at the moment, and no way to repair an item either.  Made a normal anvil, to repair my almost-dead diamond pickaxe would take 14 levels, but I don't have any levels left.  Time to fight things and bang on coal.

Quick run down deep under town.  Ores: 70 Fe, 12 ferrous, 23 Au, 48 Cu; gems: 26 diamond, 3 sapphire, 5 peridot, 4 tanzanite, 105 lapis, 10 ruby.  Archaeo bits: 10 relics, 8 biofossils, 8 books, 6 skulls, 2 frozen meat, 2 fern seeds.  About 80 coal, 17 obsidian.  23 levels, repaired my diamond pick.

Built a nether portal.  Okay the nether looks like fun.  Giant spiders, trees, ash blocks (drop 2 ash each, and 9 ash = 1 coal), weird portal bricks, giant bone segments.  Spawned near a fortress, just a big gap between ... and there are tall pillars with little round rings at top.  Built a stone tunnel bridge across to fortress, long skirmish with blazes and a ghast but getting too late, will head back there next time I'm on.

###

Comments

Popular Posts