VeeTech2 - The 27 Stack Monument

I only had my laptop on Saturday night, so I couldn't get back to my Overgrowth world.  I checked out one of my other favorite worlds, the old 1.5.2 VeeTech pack I made on CurseForge years ago.  This world is so enormous, there's always something to see and do, and entire settlements of conquered ruins that I have totally forgotten about.  The big benefit of the older version is that the whole pack loads up from scratch in under 30 seconds.  It has plenty of variety, ruins to explore, blocks to use, Harvestcraft and more.

Anyway, I visited my main base, the Cathedral with the huge diamond-pipe sorting system, and noticed that most of the 100+ chests are less than half full.  So of course, my "logistics" brain kicked in and gave me a bunch of projects to do.  Right below the main room where I drop chests onto hoppers to get items into the system, there is a row of deep storage units, and the cobblestone DSU is connected to an igneous extruder with 325,000 cobble in the unit.  While right upstairs, the double-chest for cobble, stone, and stone brick only have two rows of stuff in them.  So I added 3 furnaces over hoppers in that crowded corner with the drop chests and put filled hoppers of cobble above them, so I should be getting 15 more stacks of stone.

I checked to see if this old pack had tesseracts or not.  Yes, it does.  So I added a magma crucible for molten ender and put the recipes for item tesseracts on ne of the worktables.  I made 3 item tesseracts for the plan in my head.  Downstairs where I once had cows and force engines (now I just use two OP bio-generators from Minefactory Reloaded), I added a row of 4 automats where I can setup recipes, fill their hoppers with materials, and let them pump out items into chests connected to a tesseract, and the new slabs, fences and ladders (or whatever) get pumped into the system upstairs.  And I took the other tesseract with me to empty some chests from some of the base where stuff had been piling up.  Assuming the Cathedral is chunloaded, of course.

At one point, I accidentally dropped my big backpack of building materials into the tesseract and had to run back to the Cathedral and go upstairs to the "leftovers" chest of stuff that did not get pulled out of the stream into any of the other chests.  There it was.  Got it.

Then, my main project for the night.  I saw this thing in my head to display exactly how overpowered the chests and inventory really are.  I took one full chest of cobble out to Farlander Fields.  Since a chest has 27 stacks of 64, that's a 3x3 grid of 4x4 blocks, and that's what I built, with a one block gap between each 4x4 stack.  I used some Chisel cobble variants on the very outside rim to give it a little bit of appeal.  And there it was, the 27 Stack Monument ...  


That huge thing will all fit in one chest, and your little character can handle even more -- 36 stacks -- and we still run out of inventory space in every game session, which is hilarious.

How OP is it?  The heaviest vanilla block I can think of is the block of gold.  One cubic meter of gold weighs 19.3 metric tons, and you can carry 36 stacks of 64, for a total of 44,467 tons. 

While I was in that area, I stopped to visit my old "College" build from about 2 summers ago.  The main rooms were satisfying in their scale and thematic decorations - desks and lecterns and signs where I can imagine actual classes taking place.





Comments

Popular Posts