Overgrown 1.12.1 - MineColonies is Out

7/27/23 Overgrown 1.12.1


I finally decided to remove MineColonies from the pack.  No matter how I edited the NBT files to my new account, the mod reads from some other file and puts my old account back as owner of the colony.  So, meh, it was in the middle of a very long rebuild of the town hall and I didn't like how it was going anyway.  I made a last backup of the world folder "with minecol" and renamed the mod file.  It's still in the pack if I want to reenable it, but I want to be able to use that corner of my world again.  I guess that also removes all the blocks from the Structurize mod.  Let's see if I can tp over there and do my own stuff again.  There should be one of two buildings left behind with mostly vanilla blocks.

I spawned over in Albertville.  Yes, the Bailies Dailies mod throws an error upon world load and says it will randomly generate some quests, but they're pretty basic: gather 64 coal or kill some number of vanilla mobs.  I also have the Bounty Board over there with more little quests.  Bailies gives emerald, the board gives gold nuggets, but they're both good for some extra activities.

Turns out it was just a run over the gray mountain to get to the old MineColony.  The buildings are still there: that wonderfully designed ship, a town mine, the old materials yard, the little farm, ravine, my 10 chests and 10+ storage drawers of items ... and I can take over and finish building it however I like without having to wait for the little dudes to level the whole hillside, and I don't have to craft thousands of items to keep them happy.  And I can use the tower and dungeon hallways that run under the area again without running into that wall of "You don't have permission to do that here..."

I broke 20 fossil blocks with an Archaeology III pick and got two achievements, 2 bio-fossils, 12 relic scraps, 3 skulls, 2 broken helmets and a scarab gem.

I was moving items from chests to chests, trying to sort out some of this old stash I haven't been able to access for over a year, and found some quartz blocks.  I looked for a fun use for those and saw MrCrayfish had a diving board for 2 cyan tarracotta and 3 quartz blocks.  I made one and put it over the old fishing pond, and sure enough, it adds a little bounce to your jump.  Cute details.

I cleared another floor of that dungeon I have not been allowed to explore because it was own by my old account.  Strange world, but so full of things to do.


Comments

Popular Posts