Technic VeeTech - my jerry-rigged quest chest

 6/25/2020 Technic VeeTech

Back at the Cathedral base, a little machinery felt in order, so I grabbed some resources, and made about 10 machine frames (TE), 16 factory blocks (MFR) then 2 each of Powered Furnaces, Bioreactors, Biofuel generators.  The bioreactor+generator is the best power source in the pack, though I do have 6 force engines running off of force+milk downstairs, but that does take up more space.  Then, 12 lasers and an assembly table on second floor glass floor area, so I can see it from below.  I put on a batch of redstone, iron, ender pearls ... the only item I really care about is the autarchic gate.  I warped over to Jasper Plains and setup a powered double furnace at JP-2 (rubber farm) to cook rubber drops to plastic.


##

6/28/2020 Technic VeeTech

A few weekend visits ... I brought in those two apiaries and the bees (including cultivated, noble) from Cayuga Lake and expanded the bee area in Redwood Base.

Reading wikis, it's amazing that new discoveries can be made after years of playing in a world.  But those snow castles with the skull on the ground in the back village area, you can dig down to a silverfish block, dig west about 6 blocks and find a hallway leading to a 3-chest treasure room.  Watch for the tripwire at the entryway.  Somehow I stepped right on the wire and the two dispensers full of fire charges did not go off, so those fire charges (and dispensers) became part of the booty.

Now, that transformation powder from Twilight Forest can change normal mobs back & forth to Twilight mobs.  Cute, you can turn sheep into rams and such.  But it also said it can turn redcaps <-> villagers.  Turns out you can't r-click the villager with the stuff without opening the trade interface, but yeah, I can safari net redcaps and poof them into villagers.  The first one I got had 64 Em = editable capsule station.  I thought I could use it to change the trades of a villager by changing them to redcaps and back, but not really.

More wanderings, living in various towns for a while.  Connected Yakutsk by road to the safehouse just north of Baltica -- turns out it was only about 300 blocks west of there, and other villages are also not that far off my road network.

I also found a Youtube video on how to fix the missing sounds, so after a few years of occasional visits with no sound, I can hear doors again.  I have been wanting to do some video tours of my old worlds, but didn't want to do it with no sfx.

I still don't know why the Overworld will not spawn hostile mobs.  But that's fine, I don't been to be attacked of blown up in EVERY dimension.  ;-)

###

6/29/2020 Technic VeeTech

Well, I'm trying to move from town to town and enjoy the variety of the world, but I can't seem to focus on big projects, and I don't want to be in "Look, it's a squirrel!" mode all the time.  99% distractions around here.  ;-)

I thought I could maybe put written books onto a Mystcraft lectern (named "City Plan") and click to read them, but they only work for Mystcraft link books.  Darn.  That leaves me with a book in a chest or a splat of signs on the wall ("Project Board"), each able to hold maybe 10 short words.

Ugh, I lost my legia bow just screwing around with the ghasts in the Twilight dark tower.  One pulled it out of my hands and a fireball destroyed it while on the ground.  Back at the weapons lab, I made another and used Artifice modifiers to get Power III, Unbreaking II, Punch I; then added Infinity for 11 levels at the enchanting+ table.  Nice.  The old one was about half dead and would cost about 70 levels to repair, so okay.

Over at the Stacks (that weird spot near the Cathedral where worldgen kept adding buildings on top of buildings), I removed the dumb floating igloo and really cleaned up the place.  It's a functional area now with some repaired buildings and a little farm and sheep pen.  I dropped an apiary there from one of the far-off tiny villages I never visit, so I can put those wintry princesses in there with 4 or 5 cultivated drones to push toward cultivated princesses.

Wow, a bit of a breakthrough on giving myself new tasks.  I made a series of written books in a chest connected to a dispenser.  There are NPC Quests (do X, collect $Y) and Town Keeper Quests, all of them written by exploring the town and finding things that need doing.  So, for Redwood Base, I have these quests:
- Sugar cane job (craft 2 stacks of sugar cane into useful items)
- Restock (TK) (make sure there is a stack of each wall, fence, road building material in the construction chest)
- Mine 2 stacks of cobble or stone
- Mine a stack of a less common stone (limestone, marble, etc)
- Play the Candlemaker, harvest the candeberry trees, make candles
- Harvest & replant 2 redwood trees (Yay, Treecapitator!)
- make 4 more Books & Quills or write two more quest books
- Land grab!  Take a stack of the town's wall block, go wall off land & light it
- Oak harvest: harvest all the oaks in the spaces marked with wood slabs
- Shrub run: chop all the mystic shrubs in town, keep whatever you find.
- wheat harvest
- add two 5x5 farm plots
- build a small home about 10x10 (TK)
- build an apartment building with 8 bedrooms and a common room (TK)
- shear the sheep
- build a new animal pen with half a stack of fences
- craft 8 pieces of furniture
- spent a game day sorting stuff from building to building to where it sensibly belongs
- in the wizard keep, sort the enchanted books onto shelves
- brew 3 potions or go through town gathering ingredients
- in the essences lab, craft at least 3 staves or grenades or arrows
- harvest 8 different types of fruits from trees in town
- harvest the white mushrooms
- apiary run: gather combs, reset the bees
- warp to another settlement
- create a new NPC: add a written book (with name & skills), give them a bed in town and a named backpack

This is really cool, and fun to do.  I don't even care about the little rewards.

Over at Cayuga Lake I added some of the standard ones (mine 1 or 2 stacks, harvest crops, tend animals) and some specific ones:
- craft a stack of cotton into string or wool
- craft a half stack of bread from barley or wheat
- harvest the force trees at the plantation

So now, if I ever get restless in a town, I can either think up new projects and throw them in the mix, or just pop a new task and see if it needs doing.

Comments

Popular Posts